Thursday, January 22, 2009

Belly Dancing

Yesterday I got most things on my to-do list done. Yay for me. I even added other things that I'd gotten finished to the bottom of the list just so I could cross them off. Today I might not be so lucky, because I put sewing on the list and I am already dragging my feet just thinking about getting the sewing machine out. Today also I HAVE to work out, or else I will probably break my New Year's resolution again. Dragging my feet about that one too. I haven't gotten to the point where I enjoy exercising yet. Everyone says that it comes, but I've never experienced it before, and I lack a little faith on the matter. However, I did take steps to ensure that I work out.

Mica decided she wanted to take a belly dancing class that OTC offers. I was looking to see what continuing ed classes they offer and out of curiosity asked mom how many people were enrolled in the belly dancing class. Only one, not including Mica. They have to have a certain number of people before they will run the class. So on a whim, I decided that I should take the class, and then proceeded to talk my mom and my friend Casey into taking it with us. It's a 2-hour class every Thursday night for the next 7 weeks. After I talked everyone else into it, I realized that I hadn't even asked Ben. But, much to my surprise, he was not opposed to me taking a belly dancing class ;)

And, good news, Ben almost has a job. Yay!

1 comment:

Stimpson Family said...

We'll have to get you some cute jewels to put in your belly button! Have fun! I remember taking trips to a Moroccan restaurant in San Francisco. After dinner a belly dancer comes up and does a show, then afterwards she invites the customers up to dance a little with her. It was loads of fun!