Perhaps I've been a bit too negative on the blog as of late. It is, however, my place to vent, so I promise my outlook on life is not so bleak, well at least for the better part of most days. Sometimes I think I am just pregnant and totally forget that I am having a baby. My Aunt Donna requested that I answer a few questions on my blog, and since she's the only person who gets to call me "Korkers" and she taught me to sing the song about eating worms when I was having a pity party, it's only fair that I oblige.
1. What are you excited about? I am excited to get to see this little girl, and make sure she really is a girl (a boy would be a shock, but I would love him just as much). I want to see what she looks like, count all her little fingers and toes, and just be able to hold her. And I will be very excited when we figure out what her name is. I am just as excited, maybe even more so, for Ben to get to see her and hold her. Right now it seems to be the only thing on his mind and he's so anxious and nervous and excited that he can barely contain it sometimes. I am really excited to bring her home. Sure, I will probably never sleep again, but it will be wonderful for Ben to be able to sing to her and watch her fall asleep. Ben already sings to her every night before we go to bed, and she gets really mad if he doesn't and keeps me awake for most of the night.
2. Is the baby healthy and moving? As the Magic 8 Ball would say, all signs point to yes. She moves so much it wears me out. It's even surprised the doctor a little, because, theoretically she should be running out of room and be a little less active. She's not slowing down, she just creates her own space at the expense of my uterus, back and internal organs. Her heart rate is excellent, which is part of the reason our doctor is so flexible about when she comes.
3. Isn't it cool to actually be able to make a baby with your body? Yes, it is, although sometimes I still can't grasp the reality of it. I can't even figure out how she fits inside there and it boggles my mind how she got from peanut to honeydew melon. It must be all those Pop-Tarts I ate. No, but really, it's a miracle how everything works so perfectly and I don't have to do anything at all.
4. Do you think she'll look like you and act like Ben, or the other way around? Well, judging by her antics in-utero (letting us think she was a boy, crying wolf so many times, etc.) she'll probably be more like me. Oh dear. Either way, she'll be stubborn, because she'll inherit that from both of us. I hope she gets her dad's eyelashes and complexion. I hope she doesn't get his monkey toes, but I hear that's a genetically dominant trait. Hopefully she'll get the majority of his family's petite genes and we'll save my family's ginormous genes for the boys. No matter what, I am sure she will be beautiful . . . although I still think newborns are ugly, or um "precious."
5. What do you hope for her? First, I hope she is healthy. Second, I hope she is happy. I hope she can put up with her mom and dad and make it through the traumatic experience of being the child Guinea pig. I hope she will be intelligent and independent and use those traits to make good choices for herself. I hope she will be happy with who she is and always love her family.
3 comments:
Thanks Kortney! I am glad your fine with me looking at your blog! I just find the reality of your blog so refreshing. You tell it like it is, but you write in an entertaining manner. Its very intelligent writing. So that is why I enjoy your blog. Plus its always fun to get to know the family of the guy you're dating! haha :) I am excited to see what she looks like! I like your positive list and your husband sounds really wonderful!
awww! you were so adorable!! Ben's baby pictures look very much like you. I think the child will look like both of you!! Really cant wait to see you- or that baby! (Ben too)
I love your blog, and you have such a funny way of describing thing. It's not one of those "my life is so perfect" blogs, and that is so refreshing. Plus, we all know you're excited to have your baby!
Post a Comment