Wednesday, September 24, 2008
All Pain, No Gain
Yep, another doctor's appointment. Still regular contractions. However, now they are doing nothing. The doctor said I was in the "all pain, no gain" stage. And there's really not anything that can be done about it, except to wait it out. I suppose in some ways that's good. We want to make it to at least 36 weeks (next Monday) and 37 would be even better. He said if the contractions continue to get worse instead of better, he might even help me along at 37 weeks, depending on what I want to do. I think I am getting impatient. Everyone tells me that I should avoid induction, because it sucks, and means I would have to have an epidural. But then again, I don't know if any of those same people had regular contractions for 4 weeks. Mostly I am tired and grouchy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My 3rd son did that to me for a month, but I ended up going into labor and having him within an hour, so your probably going to get very lucky and have a super short labor because of all the work your body is doing. Oh, and I've had to be induced with my last 2 and you DON'T have to have an epidural just cause your induced, I haven't had one with any of mine, you'll be fine either way... the only thing induction does is take the excitement out of going onto labor on your own, it's really not that different than your body doing it naturally, good luck!
Post a Comment