Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good News

The good news is that I am not having a baby in the next 24 hours. Of course my doctor told me this about 22 hours ago and said he couldn't guarantee anything else. Here's my philosophy on guarantees:

Tommy:
Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $#@%. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.


The other good news is after another non-stress test he said that we would be able to deliver in Rexburg. Still, we are are hoping to hold her off another couple of weeks, because even if I go into the hospital in full-blown labor, they are going to try to stop it, which would probably just result in a longer labor. Ben had a nice chat with his daughter and tried to explain that her birthday is October 3. Yes, that's still early, but it's past 36 weeks, only one day shy of 37, which means she'll be just fine to come out into the world. And it lets me not have contractions for more than 4 weeks.

Sorry my blog is becoming entirely focused on this baby. It's pretty much the only thing that happens right now. I sleep a lot. I could tell you about that.

Last night, I ate salsa and drank orange juice, because it sounded good and I couldn't find anything else and Ben wasn't at home to stop me. So I woke up around 2:30 with killer heartburn and got to spend the rest of the night on the couch. In the sitting position, and with the help of my anti-contraction/drowsy medication, I slept just fine. Ben, however, was very concerned about me and kept coming and checking on me to see if I was too hot, too cold, needed more pillows, a glass of water, etc. It was very cute, but I think he missed out on some sleep. And then he got up and went to class and came home, and I was still asleep. I woke up long enough to eat breakfast and take my next dose of medication, and then returned slumberland. I woke up a few hours later as Ben was leaving for his next class, just in time to kiss him goodbye. And then I found a sweet little love note that he left me. He'll probably not like it that I just told everyone on our blog that he writes sweet little love notes- he hates for other people to think he is all mushy.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Nothing like good old Tommy Boy to find meaning in life! Hang in there! and lay off the salsa and orage juice- silly girl! that Ben is a super guy! he deserves a prize!