Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving





Pictures I stole from Mom's blog.

Thanksgiving was great! Ben made cinnamon rolls, and I made all the other stuff. Then we headed down to Mike and Kari's and they had made tons of food too! So we had tons and tons of food for just the 4 of us (well and the 3 kids). I couldn't eat nearly as much as I was planning on. I think that's because I had leftover steak for lunch right before we went. After dinner we got all 3 kids to go down for a nap at the same time, and we played rock band and then poker. Somewhere around 8 p.m. I ran out of steam, so we headed home, but dropped by Kendra's to pick up boxes and exchange them for cinnamon rolls.

Ben actually decided to go to WalMart for Black Friday, and went around 1 am. He came back empty handed because all the kids movies were gone and they said the pjs weren't on sale until 5 am. I just slept while he was gone. I did a little shopping, I went to WalMart to get the pjs and then to Walgreen's to get a little play tent for Kennady for Christmas.

And then we started packing. Uhg. I hate packing. We've already gotten rid of a ton of stuff (which is the good part of packing), but we still have a lot left to do. I am not excited about having a box ridden house for the next 2 weeks, but I guess there are worse things.

We officially decided we will not be moving to Mississippi. So things with a job are still up in the air. Hopefully we'll hear some good news this upcoming week.

Friday night we had a ward game night/ pizza party. It was pretty fun. Except everyone has at least 1 kid, and we had no babysitters. So we put all the kids in the gym and the moms just sat in there talking while the husbands played games. Except Ben, who was the hero of the night, and became the kid entertainer, giving all the moms a break.

In fact, Ben has been the hero of the week, letting me sleep in almost every day and making me breakfast. And dinner. And playing with Kennady to her heart's content (well, almost, she always wants to play). This next week is going to be rough.

No comments: