So after my last post, my sinus infection continued to get even worse. Wednesday it was bad enough I decided to go to the doctor. Basically my sinuses were so full and closed off that he really couldn't even tell if I had an infection, but figured I must for it to be that bad, so I got put on antibiotics. There are two that you can take while pregnant, one sucks and the other sucks more. I went for the lesser of two evils.
My mom decided that the sick pregnant daughter with a sick two year old needed more help than the daughter with the newborn, so she came up to spend the day with us and left Dad to help my sister. About the time she got here, Kennady woke up from her nap screaming, inconsolably, not wanting grandma or a milkshake. At that point my suspicions about an earache were confirmed. The doctor couldn't get us in for 30 minutes, and by the time we got there Kennady was acting like she was perfectly fine and happy. The doctor looked in her left ear and said it was a little red, but really it was ok. Then he looked in her right ear and said, "Woah." He said to watch for the eardrum to burst, because it was so full. And we scheduled an appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor for this Monday to talk about putting tubes in her ears. So Kennady got put on a different antibiotic. Mom helped us run all our errands and then made us dinner.
Thursday was mostly uneventful. I think I just tried to sleep on the couch. Friday we got up early and went to the temple with Mom, Dad, Kendra and Nathan. Thanks to Kari for watching Kennady last minute! We even got to go out to lunch without kids! Kennady and I hung out at Kendra's a played with Grandma and Grandpa while Ben went to class. I made a dinosaur cake. It actually turned out cute. I do have pictures, but they are on Mom's camera, so it may be a while before I post them. Mom made dinner :) And we had birthday! Kennady loved her dinosaur party. She got play food from Grandpa and Grandma Ellis (to go with the kitchen that we couldn't wait that long to open) and a Tinkerbell shirt. She got Tinkerbell dolls and pajamas (to go with the toddler bed that she finally sleeps in!) from Grandpa and Grandma Nelson. She got a dollhouse from Kendra, Nathan and Eisley. I have to say, Kendra and Nathan are awesome at figuring out what toys to get a two-year old. Kennady loves the doll house and it keeps her entertained for a long time. I wouldn't have even thought of that! Ben made me a donut cake and he got me some pretty pearl earrings. Mom and Dad Nelson got me a WalMart gift card and Mom and Dad Ellis gave me a check. So I guess I get to go shopping when my clothes no longer fit (which will be sooner rather than later). Or I get to buy tires.... haha, birthdays are more fun when you aren't an adult. Ben got a call from his friend Mike inviting him to go to the BYU game with him Saturday. I told him to go, and he scrambled to study for and take a test so he could.
Saturday I got up real early to take Ben to Mike's. I hear they enjoyed the game and Ben even got to sneak into the VIP tent to see his sister Kristal. Saturday...well I did pretty much a whole bunch of nothing. Kennady was happy to play with Grandma and Grandpa. Around 8 we went and picked up Ben, and since neither of us had eaten dinner, we decided to go get my birthday burger at Red Robin. We got there and were ordering our food when Kennady threw up all over the table. I guess she shouldn't have eaten so much cottage cheese (and only cottage cheese) for dinner before taking her antibiotics. So we left, after cleaning up puke. I was not happy. Then on the way home, she threw up again, this time all over herself and the car seat. We weren't far from Kendra's so we stopped and Grandma gave her a bath while we cleaned up the rest of it. We were smart and took a bucket with us on the way home. It came in handy. Kennady continued to throw up until her stomach was completely empty, and then again after Ben decided she could have a drink of water. It was a long night with lots of laundry. Today she is feeling much better, but we missed Eisley's blessing :(
I've learned something this week, that sometimes things that you think are totally a curse can turn out to be a blessing. You see, that terrible sinus infection I had has left me without a sense of smell (I'm pretty sure it's not permanent...I think I am starting to faintly smell things again today). Normally my sense of smell is very good, and when I am pregnant it is crazy. There have been more than a dozen occasions this week when I was very grateful I could not smell anything, because I surely would have hurled. I actually think I could live with it not coming back for awhile, although I do miss the taste of food.
Anyways, here's to a better week next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment