So last night, as I was lying in bed trying to sleep but couldn't breath because I was so congested, I wondered, why is being pregnant so miserable? I don't think it makes sense. It should be fun and wonderful. Then I thought what I terrible attitude I had, and thought I would try to think about all the good things about being pregnant. I mean, obviously, even though it's not so fun, it's worth it, because you end up with an adorable baby in the end. Which, I think, is why so many of us suffer through it. And to those of you who thought being pregnant was the easiest thing ever :P I'm still not sure I believe you.
So here are the things I could come up with:
1. You get to feel the baby move. While sometimes this can be frustrating while you are trying to sleep and your ribs are bruised, mostly it's just an incredible experience.
2. You get to park in the expectant mother parking at the mall, which is even closer than the senior citizen parking.
3. You have an excuse for everything (even though most of them are legitimate).
4. You can convince your husband to rub your feet and do a food run at midnight. Although, if your husband is as cool as mine, then he does these things when you aren't pregnant.
Yeah, that's all I could come up with. There should be more.
So this weekend we went down to Idaho Falls and babysat Eisley, while Kendra took Kennady to her other niece's birthday party. They both had a great time, and so did I. I just held Eisley and took a 3 hour nap while she did the same. Having a two year old really makes you appreciate a newborn. Then we went to Mike and Kari's for dinner and games. Magically we got all 3 of our kids to bed at the same time and then were able to play games without the baby Godzillas destroying everything.
Ben had another phone interview today, this time for a job in Vicksburg, Mississippi. I have mixed feelings about that. I guess we'll see how it goes.
1 comment:
Yeah! Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm 32 weeks along, and it hasn't been a fun ride. I'll be happy when it's done.
So, I'm confused. Where are you living? Idaho, Missouri, ...? Have you been in Rexburg all this time?
Post a Comment