Well, it finally happened. After a bazillion job applications, Ben finally got a job offer. We're hoping for the same luck with medical school :) The question is, to take it or not? Please keep in mind that while you are definitely free to comment on this post, in fact I encourage it, your input doesn't really count for anything.
The job is in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Go ahead, Google it. I did, it looks pretty and warm, and it's 3 1/2 hours away from the beach. The real beach, you know one on the Gulf of Mexico with warm water. It pays pretty well for someone with a BS in Biology, well, at least I think it does, but most things pay pretty well compared to being a student.
I guess the only thing is do we really want to move across the country the week of Christmas? Holy smokes. Luckily the company has also agreed to cover the costs of relocating, and we figured out that the new insurance will take me even though I'm pregnant. So that fixes two problems. And I don't know about living in the sticks of Mississippi. I mean, I guess I've lived in the sticks of Idaho for 6 years, but I'm thinking Mississippi will be a little different. Oh, it's probably not considered the sticks there, because they have a WalMart. Which is one step ahead of where we lived in Alaska, but they aren't still fighting the civil war up there.
Of course, now that he has an offer on the table, maybe some of those other jobs will get a move on it and make a decision about hiring him. He'd still prefer the job in Salt Lake, just because it's a little closer to what he's interested in. I think it'd be an easier move, but I'm not particularly fond of the Salt Lake Valley. I guess it doesn't really matter if they don't offer him a job.
Who would have thought getting a job offer would actually be more stressful than not getting one? I guess the reality of having to move has set in. We sold off more furniture yesterday and now we have a lot of stuff that doesn't have anywhere to go. I'm gonna guess we'll get rid of nearly 75% of everything we own. The couch stays. I thought about selling it, found someone that was interested and said make me an offer. $40. That's when I realized selling our couch here is not the best idea.
Mostly I'm just grateful that Ben has a job if he wants it, which means we won't be starving to death anytime soon. And the supervisor of the job is the bishop of the ward there, and there is a ward there, with some young families, so at least I'll have an easy way to make some friends.
2 comments:
we will come vist you where ever you end up. Well may be not Alaska.
So exciting!! Good luck deciding!
Post a Comment