Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh, Happiness!

It is my favorite time of year, Thanksgiving! I love it. And I am so grateful that I am pregnant enough that I love food, and not so pregnant that I can't eat any. Tonight we are having steak dinner. We figured we owed Sterling dinner for waking up so stinkin early to take us to the hospital to get Kennady's tubes in. He jokingly said he wanted steak, and, hey, I am not opposed to steak, but broiled steak just isn't that good. Then he said we could use his grill. So steak it is. I bet Ben is going to have fun grilling in the subzero temperatures :)

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We are headed to Idaho Falls to Mike and Kari's. A very short drive. They are doing the turkey and pies and we are doing the sides. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, deviled eggs, frubopi, turkey and cheesecake. Oh yumminess.

So, backup, Kennady's surgery went well. She was just the cutest little patient ever. She loved the little teddy bear they gave her and named it Tinkerbell. The whole thing took like 10 minutes, and then they gave us back a very grumpy little girl. She was so drugged she didn't want to wake up, and we ended up staying in recovery for nearly 2 hours until she finally perked up a little. I am so thankful that everything went so well. The dr. said there was tons of fluid behind both ears, so we are really glad that we did it. After they plowed the streets, Ben went and put new tires on the car. Happy Birthday to me! Really, I don't mind, because there's not really anything specific that I wanted for my birthday. It's kinda great to have everything you need.

Tuesday the blizzard hit. Wow. At times we couldn't even see the church across the street. They closed down all major roads and a lot of the roads in Rexburg. It cleared up long enough for Ben to go get diapers. Except he got pullups. Oops. That wasn't a problem until last night, because she woke up every time her diaper was wet, plus a few extra times, totaling somewhere near 7. I was glad that we really didn't have to go anywhere. I just stayed in my pjs and made cookies. I believe that is the first snow day I have seen in Idaho in the last 6 years I have lived here. They do not happen often.

Today the sun came out! I think the high was around 5, but it hasn't been snowing and the wind is only around 15 mph. We were able to make it to my 12 week appointment just fine. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat! Yay! It was cool. Kennady seemed only mildly interested. Everything looks great and my due date is still June 3.

Now I have started cooking! Let the festivities begin!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Your due date is only three days before mine! How cool is that? I'm a little jealous of your appetite, however. For some reason I'm still in the food aversion stage. Today, nothing sounded good to me except for a Wendy's frosty! Hopefully I'll be in the mood for turkey and stuffing tomorrow, but I'm not sure the pumpkin pie even has a chance!

I'm glad the surgery went well. I hate waking up after being drugged, so I can see why she wouldn't want to perk up for you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Amberly said...

What is frubopi?