Sunday, November 21, 2010

Snow Snow Snow

Crazy weekend! Ben got a job interview in Utah, so we decided to all go down last minute. So Friday we headed down. Kennady and I checked out the Salt Lake library while he was in his interview. Kennady thought it was a blast. Then we headed to Rob and Kristi's where we spent the rest of the day.

Kennady and Russell had so much fun playing together. I haven't seen anyone be able to keep up with her so well. They just ran circles around the house screaming. Kennady really misses her cousin and keeps asking to play with him. We spent the night there and had waffles for breakfast before taking off so we could get back in time for Ben to take a test. Right before we left, Ben got a voicemail and got a job offer. But it's only part time. We have a lot to think about.

Then we headed back to Rexburg. We hit rain at Brigham City (I was surprised, I don't think I've seen rain in November in Utah) and it turned into snow in Pocatello. A lot of snow. Our drive went a lot slower than we were hoping, and we didn't make it back in time for Ben's test. Hopefully his teacher will be merciful. We are really wishing that we'd put new tires on our car last week. We did make it home in one piece though.

Today we went to church, when we went it was snowing a little bit. By the time we came out there was a good four inches on our car. And it hasn't stopped snowing. We went to some friends- the Meeks- for games and dessert tonight. The snow is now shin deep. We started wondering how in the world we were going to get to the hospital at 6:45 a.m., considering our car barely made it back from church (which is across the street). Kennady is getting tubes in her ears tomorrow. Sterling was super nice and said he'd give us a ride.

I think tomorrow is going to be a long day. My baby has to have surgery :( I guess this surgery is about as minor as it gets.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Good luck! Minor surgery or not, it's always hard to see your children sick or in the hospital for anything. Hope the snow didn't cause too many problems!

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I hope all went well today! Russell miss little "Ke" he keeps look all over the house for her.