Kennady has been a pain this week. I think her two top canines might (o I hope) break through. She's having a hard time with them. And she misses daddy. And she's not been getting enough sleep. And I've not been getting enough sleep. And Ben's definitely not been getting enough sleep. I will be so glad when we are finally done with this teething thing for good. (only 8 teeth to go).
Well, in between Kennady's temper tantrums, she did manage to be quite cute and adorable, so I guess I'll keep her. She's become quite attached to her dolly and likes to take good care of it. She feeds it, bathes it, puts it down for a nap, wraps it up in a blanket, makes me change its diaper and put it in hugemongous dresses. In these pictures, I was doing dishes and her leftover cottage cheese was left within her reach, and her dolly was hungry. She kept saying, "Yumm," and "big bite" asking if she wanted more and clapping. It was very funny.
Kennady has also discovered how fun slides are. There have been some nice days this week, so enough snow was melted off the playground that we could go play. She loves the slides. She also throws the biggest fits when we have to come instead, no matter that we've been playing outside for over an hour and she is starting to freeze. I'm not really sure how to end these kinds of fits or how to stop them. I mean, I can't really punish her by not letting her go outside the next day, because, first that would be cruel, and second by then she will have forgotten why she is being punished. I've just been putting on a movie when we get inside and that seems to calm her down. Or sometimes I give her a bath. Yesterday she was in the bath and she decided to try to climb out. Well, she slipped on the back of the tub (the slanted part) and knocked her head pretty good. I was waiting for the tears, and instead she just looked up at me and said, "Slide?" I had to laugh. And I figured that her sliding in the tub causes less of a water mess than her splashing or playing with cups, so I'll allow it. Plus we have a spout cover which should help us to avoid stitches.
Well, what have I been up to? Besides Kennady wrangling? Babysitting. Slowly cleaning our apartment (which means that it is messy because I am not keeping up with Kennady's messes). Putting together the 1500 piece puzzle that my brother gave us for Christmas. Way to kill time...holy cow. It's one of the puzzles that only has two puzzle shapes and has few distinguishable features, you know the kind that makes you want to pull your hair out (and becomes somewhat addictive to me). Ben quit after 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment