Saturday, March 27, 2010

Unlocking the Secrets of the Universe

I finally figured it out. How to make the ultimately perfect chocolate chip cookie every time. Using Mom's recipe (which is the best) and some secret tricks. The trick is being a little less exact with the measuring and a little more exact with the time and temperature they are baked. And every single cookie is perfect, the last 3 batches I have made. It probably seems like I am bragging. Well, maybe a little, but I'm sure there are better things to do perfectly than baking cookies.

The problem is the cookies are too good. Even I, the person who should be immune to the will-power sucking effects of chocolate chip cookies because I've had so many good ones over my lifetime (thanks Mom!), cannot resist these cookies. And I don't even like chocolate. See last night I ate so many that it made me sick. And then I had two more with ice cream sandwiched between them.

Kennady loves cookies. We have to hide them after they are baked or she won't stop asking for one all day. And she stands at my feet the whole time I am making them just looking up with puppy dog eyes until I give her a taste. This last time she looked up at me and said "cookie dough" in this totally adorable voice. I didn't even know she knew cookie dough. Smart girl. But it was so cute that I couldn't help but give her some. I didn't feel bad because the poor girl snacks on Frosted Mini Wheats all day. What kid eats Frosted Mini Wheats as a snack? Or at all? And asks for beans? I'm not complaining.

No comments: