Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Husband is Awesome, and My House is Clean

I know, two posts in one day. But I couldn't help it. You see I am so proud of myself, because I finally finally finally got our house clean.*

*By clean I mean the bathroom, Kennady's bedroom, the living room and sort of the kitchen.

Our bedroom is still a total disaster. But, oh how I am loving the rest of the cleanness. And yes, Kennady did "help." She also watched Kung Fu Panda a record number of times today. But it was so worth it. I got her closet organized, including removing all the clothes that no longer fit (which is a lot). I picked up all of her toys, at least twice. What is it about cleaning that makes children suddenly want to play with their toys? And I vacuumed. The living room got picked up. Including all the junk that accumulates on top of our entertainment center and bookshelf (the only places Kennady can't reach). And vacuumed. The bathroom got cleaned. Swept, counters wiped down, a spot mop, mirror and sink cleaned and toilet cleaned (Ben did the last one, cause he is awesome, not that I don't clean toilets, it was just nice that he volunteered). The kitchen was swept and mopped, counters wiped down, and one load of dishes done. There are still two sinks full of dishes....because I made cookies!

Why the sudden urge to clean our apartment? Ok, so the urge has been there awhile, but what finally pushed me over the edge was that we had company, and the best kind of company. A friend in the ward agreed to babysit Kennady while I went to Ben's presentation at the research symposium. She is Kennady's nursery leader and is awesome. And I had to have my house clean, because she is pregnant, and when I was pregnant I couldn't stand dirtiness, or at least smelliness, plus I just didn't want her to think I am a slob. I love trading babysitting for cookies and dinner, even though she insisted she was just happy to do it. And it made me clean my house and make cookies, so I win win win.

Ben did awesome at the symposium. He was presenting the research he's been doing with amoebas and glowing and macrophages and genes and other stuff. Yeah, have him explain it sometime, or give you the presentation, which actually made me kind of understand what he is talking about, more or less. His name actually made it into the published research. And he just walked in the door and......drum roll please.... first place!!!! He got a pen, a pin and $200. Which all goes back into the research. Booo. But yay for him, I am so proud of my hubby, and he looked super handsome today!

2 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

WoW you two are like a super couple!A wife who can manage to get the house cleaned with a two year old running around, and a Husband who brings home Frist place prices, sound pretty dang amazing to me. Congrat you too.

Stimpson Family said...

You're too cute! Love you guys!