Thursday morning I woke up, got Kennady and myself ready for the day and packed our bags. With some help from my kind neighbor who let Kennady play at her house for a few minutes, I was able to get the car loaded in record time. And then I walked back into our house and it was a disaster. At that point it was 11 a.m., the time I had decided was the perfect time to leave. So I decided to just leave it. Sorry Ben. We made it to Blackfoot with Kennady still awake, dropped off some blankets at the hospital there, and then had lunch at McDonald's. Kennady and I were both very disappointed to learn that the outdoor playplace was closed. Kennady was content to sit and eat chicken nuggets in the backseat, rock out to some music and finally snuggle up with her blanket and fall asleep. I got to drive the next 2 1/2 hours in peace.
Kennady woke up around Brigham City, which was good timing because I had to stop for gas. Oh, I should mention that when we left Rexburg, it was beautiful, sunny and 45 degrees (which for all you non-Idaho residents is a warm go outside and play day). By the time we stopped for gas it was dark dreary and starting to rain. Back in the car. Somewhere before Ogden it started hailing. Semi-frozen hail, which was kind of like having snowballs repeatedly thrown at my windshield, making it very hard to see. There is always something when I drive down to Utah, I'm annoyed. We did make it Bluffdale, and just in time because Kennady said she was done in the car. Kennady had fun playing with Russell, and I really enjoyed having an adult to talk to. Kennady had a hard time understanding new rules, like food has to stay in the kitchen (um, we live in a rental, a small one where her table doesn't fit in the kitchen) and no throwing toys down the stairs. We also discovered, or um rediscovered, why Kennady has her own bedroom. After much fighting she went to bed. Then I went to bed a couple hours later. She talks in her sleep. And then she woke up an hour or so after I went to bed and was up until 4:30. Luckily she couldn't get out of the room, so mostly I just let her run around the room (um, sorry if you find any stray Goldfish Kristi). Friday she took a very short morning nap. Then Kristi and I attempted to take Kennady and Russell to the distribution center. The busiest one I have ever seen. Kennady and Russell helped reorganize all the CDs and DVDs on the shelves, between running around screaming and crying and running out the automatic sliding doors.
After that we stopped at McDonald's to let the kids run around the playplace. Russell thought it was awesome. Kennady's lack of sleep caught up to her, and even the slide wasn't making her happy. So we had to leave. This made Russell very unhappy (rightfully so). Kennady got another nap. This time a little longer. We had dinner with Ben's aunt Wanda and his cousins, ranging in age from 3-13? Kennady loved that there were so many kids to play with. Friday night she slept better, but still not quietly, and woke up around 4 am, when she came to sleep in bed with me. She likes to kick me while she is sleeping. And then we got up around 7. Ok, well she woke up and spent a half hour trying to convince me to get out of bed. Maybe it was closer to an hour.
Saturday morning we ate and played, then naps and time to go. We went to Provo and visited Monique and her new baby. Kennady immediately knew there was a baby in the house (she saw all the baby stuff) and spent quite some time looking for the baby, before becoming distracted by all the pretty things she wasn't supposed to play with. I got to hold the little guy, who, from what I could tell, is a really good little baby. Just slept and then ate some and slept some more. Kennady just ate and ate and ate. She did sleep, but only at night. Ok, so I can't complain that much. Kennady loved the baby and kept saying "Hi" and trying to show me his eye. Then we went to see my friend Chelsea. Kennady became grumpy, because she needed a nap. Then pizza for dinner, and Bethany was kind enough to let Kennady watch Kung Fu Panda, which put her in a good enough mood to get her back into the car. Then back to Bluffdale, where we loaded up the car. We were going to drive home Sunday, but I thought I would surprise Ben and be home when he got off work at midnight Saturday. So we left and drove home. Kennady slept most of the way. Until Blackfoot, and then she yelled at me for the last 45 minutes. Her yelling was not stopped by arriving home or promises of getting to go back to sleep or see daddy. Fruit snacks (I forgot to take any to Utah so she was deprived for 3 days) however, did the trick. Ben was surprised to see us. I think we all slept better that night.
Sunday was our first day in the new building, and it was nice! I think they were having a hard time with the speakers, so we all had a hard time hearing. Kennady just played on the floor under our pew, it was great! The only bad thing is that church was moved to 1:30, which is kind of late. Previously church has been in the middle of Kennady's nap time, so she's always been a little cranky and mellow. This week she was full of energy. So class didn't work so well for us. I was out wandering the halls with her and someone opened the door to nursery. She bolted. So I thought we would give it a try. There were 10 kids in there under 2. And it seemed to be everyone else's nap time. I stayed and watched her and she loved it and was one of the better behaved kids in there. Halfway through I had to leave to go lead music, so Ben took over. They were in a tiny room and there were already 5 adults in there and Kennady was being good, so I said he could probably just keep an eye on her from the window in the door. Well, after a few minutes, they brought Kennady out, saying she looked a little too young to be in nursery (um, 3 weeks?) and Ben would have to be in there with her. Whatever, not a problem. I am super happy to learn that our transition into nursery should be a pretty easy one, because Kennady thinks nursery is great. I'm probably more apprehensive than she is about it. Especially when they were teaching the little kids to clap after singing "I Am a Child of God."
2 comments:
It was really great to see you! Glad you got home safely. :)
Ha Ha! Isn't nursy great! I am glad to hear that you got a better nights rest on saturday! I can't say we did. Some one kept door ring our door bell. It was really late when we all got to bed!
Post a Comment