I thought I would finally post a picture of my new hair cut. The picture's not bad for a self-portrait. My camera is cool and has a swivel LCD screen, so I can actually see what I am taking pictures of, even if it's just me. I suppose it could double as a mirror. I'm not loving the haircut yet. It's pretty cute when it's straightened (like in this picture) but it's kinda a mess. I'll be glad to get back to Idaho where I can get a better haircut for far less money, even if it does take several hours.
This is the only picture that I took when we went clamming before the camera died. This is Ben's "Look at me" pose. The beach in the background is where we dug for the clams, although this was taken as the tide was coming in, so the beach was a lot bigger when we were digging. We decided that we want to go clam digging in Oregon and take Adam and Abe, because we think they would love it. Only we won't be able to get the same kind of clams and our limit won't be anywhere near 50. I guess Alaska really is the place to hunt, fish, clam dig, etc.This weekend we didn't do much, at least not much that I can remember. Friday we went out for cheesefries and milkshakes. What a nutritious dinner. Don't worry, I take prenatal vitamins on a daily basis. And I walked to Ben's work, which is pretty good exercise for a pregnant lady. Ben worked Saturday, which always puts a damper on the weekend. We are both ready and excited for him to get a vacation.
The baby got the hiccups on Saturday night and Ben was finally able to feel it move! I've been told that hiccups mean 2 things - 1) the baby is a more mature fetus because hiccups rely on the development of the central nervous system 2) our baby will have lots of hair. The second one is an old wives' tale, but it will probably still be true.
I am off to girl's camp tomorrow! I'll be there from Tuesday to Saturday. I'm sleeping in a bed in a cabin, so I don't think it will be anything too strenuous. And I have been making sure to leave plenty of leftovers and am filling up the fridge with them so Ben will have something to eat all week long. I figure he'll probably eat the majority in a day or two, just because it is there, and then he will have to eat Ramen noodle and macaroni and cheese for the rest of the week. I won't be posting for the rest of the week, but Ben might just get bored enough to make his own post without me!
2 comments:
very cute hair!
cute hair! it's fun to go short every once in a while (k, so I've had mine real short twice in my life!). Hope everything goes well at girls camp! i actually miss it and am craving to go camping! So I'll be sitting here jealous, thinking of you and how much fun you'll be having!
Take care :)
Post a Comment