
I didn't get eaten by a bear, nor even so much as bitten by a mosquito. Maybe because I was only there for 24 hours. I've decided that pregnant people deserve beds and toilets. Ben ended up going out at the same time, and we had a lot of fun. Since there really are bears in Alaska (they saw several near the camp, I never saw one) Ben got to carry around this gun. It made him very happy. He really wants to get a gun. Maybe we'll find a free one. We also got to ride a 4 wheeler. Ben let me drive, well I'm not sure I gave him much option. It was a good move on his part though, because I thought it was so fun that now I want one. Maybe we'll find a free one. It was a little cold at camp, which was weird for me. I've never been to a girls camp that wasn't 100 degrees and had 95% humidity. We were the chaperones that took the 4th years on their overnight. We canoed out to an island in the lake and set up camp. It was really a cool experience. And then I discovered why some people kept giving me those looks when I said I was going camping. First the ordinary uncomfortableness that I experience every night as I try to sleep with a kicking human in my uterus. Then instead of me falling asleep, only my legs fell asleep, over and over. Each time I thought I was nearly comfortable to go to sleep I had to change positions and try all over again. And then came the heartburn. Killer, made me want to throw up, heartburn. We only had one pillow to share between Ben and I (he said he didn't need one), so propping myself up wasn't an option. I got about 30 minutes of sleep using Ben as my second pillow. Between all my tossing and turning Ben didn't get more than a few hours. By 5 a.m. I talked Ben into canoeing me back to the cabin so I could sit on the couch there. Stupid me, I forgot any heartburn medicine, which is one thing 14 year old girls do not bring with them to girl's camp. I decided I'd had enough camping and we left later that day.
1 comment:
Sorry about the heartburn!
Post a Comment