Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep

I have spent the last few months wishing I could get a good night's sleep. Between frequent trips to the bathroom, the never-ending sunlight and the awkwardness of my enlarging belly, my wish has been a little out of reach. Plus I have this feeling that when the baby comes and my stomach and bladder are back to their original size, things won't get much better. It occurred to me that maybe I should change my idea of what a good night's sleep is- as to not be so disappointed every morning. With that in mind, last night was a good night's sleep. I woke up more times than I can really remember or count, but only had to get out of bed once. What made it a good night is why I woke up so many times. This kid will not stop moving. I figure maybe this kid has as hard of a time sleeping as I do, and tosses and turns and stretches all night trying to get comfortable. Not only were there a few times I was awaken from a dead sleep thinking my abdomen would explode, but it also made me have really weird dreams. I have a healthy, active baby - and that is enough to make it a very good night (with or without the sleep).

No comments: