First, here is my pregnant picture, taken at 22 weeks. I don't look too mean, considering that I hate having my picture taken especially when I feel fat. We did have our last Alaskan doctor's visit yesterday and everything is great. I've only gained 5 lbs. in the last month, not 10 or 15 like I thought. The only bad news was that I have to take the glucose tolerance test when we get back to Idaho. Yuck. Now I'll explain why I am mean when I am pregnant. I am a bit moody and emotional, but I am not even counting that, because it's not something I have much control over. A few weeks ago we went to the fair and Ben really wanted to ride the Apollo, the way fun looking ride that went upside down. But since I couldn't ride, I didn't think Ben should either. Now Dan, Ben's younger brother, wants to get a group of people together to go skydiving. When he first mentioned it in November, I was all for it, but now I can't go. Ben asked if I would be mad if he went, and I was honest and said yes. First, if we are going to spend that much money on something, I think it should either be something we get to do together or something that gets to stay around for a long time (like furniture, or a baby). Second, I don't want to be known as the pregnant widow whose husband was killed in a tragic skydiving accident. But mostly I just want to go. At least I am letting him go water skiing and wake boarding for a whole week while I am confined to the boat or the dock. But he can forget the roller coasters.
Since I spent so much time in my blog complaining about how ugly Alaska was during breakup, I figured I should post some pictures of how beautiful it is now. We went for a walk the other night, on a trail that goes from our neighborhood, down the bluff and onto the beach. If our apartment had windows on the correct side, we would be able to see all of this looking out off our deck, well minus the RVs that are in the way. This was about 10 p.m.
They put up terrible orange fencing around the dunes, it ruins all the pictures.
This is Arctic Lupine, it grows EVERYWHERE. I really like it. Dandelions grow everywhere too, and I like them. I think they are both weeds.
This is the volcano. I am sad that it hasn't erupted while we've been here. Not a major eruption, just a little one. Lava would be nice. I think this is Mt. Redoubt, but I get confused, because there are 3 of them in a row and I never know which one I am looking at. Packing is going better than I thought it would. It helps that I realized that when I made the to-do list/schedule that I thought we were leaving on Tuesday, but we don't actually leave until Wednesday, so we have a whole extra day! We mailed two 20 lbs. boxes yesterday which is 40 lbs we don't have to drag through the airport! And now, I have to go pack.
2 comments:
Moving is such a pain. I'm glad you have an extra day. Sounds like you're exactly going through Boise . . . we can always make it to your new place if it doesn't work out. No big deal.
I can't imagine you being mean...at all. I am so sad you are leaving us. Raquel keeps talking about how fun you guys are. She had a great time at camp with you both.
Thank goodness for blogs. =)
Post a Comment