Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's a Girl!

I know, I know, I already posted saying it was a boy. But I also had the little clause, "Unless it's a girl." Now we know for sure. We had an ultrasound today, probably the last, and we have a girl, for sure. Ben was a little shocked. I was a little shocked too, but less so than Ben. I think we are both still in denial that we are really having a girl, but we are excited nonetheless. Mom Nelson was overjoyed that she gets a granddaughter, and I'm pretty sure she's been buying pink even when we were convinced it was a boy. I am glad our little girl decided to cooperate. I threatened her last night by telling her if she didn't reveal her gender we would name her Kid. Apparently it worked, because she gave us the money shot right off. So now we just have to think of a real name, and Taco has been vetoed. We are thinking Kaytlyn, it's the only one that we've agreed on so far. But I won't be putting anything on the birth certificate until I see her little face, so don't go embroidering anything yet.

4 comments:

kaleen said...

Congrats! So you're about halfway through then? Hurray! I hope everything's goin well :D

janaemadsen said...

congratulations! Good call on the embroidery- we did that then changed the babies name.

Claire said...

Congrats!

Leacayoungart said...

Congrats! For sure!