Well, as my first Mother's Day ever, I would say it was pretty awesome. I never thought that I would be celebrating the first Mother's Day after being married with my little 4 inch baby swimming around. Ben woke me up for church with the most appetizing plate of breakfast I have ever seen. Bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese and bell peppers, and a pancake topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat all of it before it got cold, because my little baby likes to make me sick. At church we took all the primary kids into Relief Society to sing to their mothers. I was a little nervous about playing the piano for a room full of people over the age of 12, but I think I did ok. Ben gave me a paper rose too, it was cute. He also made lunch (grilled cheese), dinner (burritos) and dessert (ice cream and strawberries). He spoils me. We spent the day recuperating from our weekend getaway, which means when I wasn't eating I was asleep. I still have a hard time believing that I a going to be a mom. Maybe as my tummy continues to grow it will become more real. Apparently I am showing now, or so I was told at church. I'll have to take a picture and let you decide. I think I look more fat than pregnant at this point. But I am thankful to have a baby that is growing rapidly and so far very healthy!
I am also thankful for my mother, who not only listens to me whine on the phone, but (behind the laughter) has empathy for my pregnancy woes. I do feel sorry for making her sick all those months. I can only imagine all of the trouble us 3 kids were. I hope my children are better behaved than I was. I still don't know how she keeps up with us all, or puts up with us for that matter. One day, I am afraid, she will just turn her cell phone off and her 3 children will be lost, and she will finally have a quiet, uneventful day.
And I am thankful for my mother-in-law who raised a wonderful son that knows to make me breakfast in bed on mother's day. She is an inspiration to me, a super mom with 9 amazing children, and she still has a sense of humor and a clean house! Plus she can drive a 15 passenger van. That seems impossible to me!
1 comment:
what a great mother's day! Sorry about the sickness- I want that breakfast right now, and I'm not pregnant or hungry. I am a primary teacher- how exciting to be in primary.
Post a Comment