Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's a Baby!

It's a baby! We aren't scheduled for an ultrasound until the end of June, but Ben convinced the ultrasound tech at work that he needed to learn how to use the ultrasound machine. It was an amazing opportunity. We did it last Thursday, but kept it quiet, because we sent pictures to our moms for mother's day. Well, they got the pictures, so now we can tell everyone! I was only at 13 weeks, so we weren't able to tell if it was a boy or girl. I tried bribing the tech with a pizza if he would guess, but he said he wouldn't ruin his reputation. So we will have to wait another 2 months before we start buying pink or blue.

The ultrasound was amazing! The baby was very active, which was fun for us to watch. We saw it's little hands (one with 5 fingers, the other in a tight fist), head, ears, stomach, spine, arms and legs. At one point it even looked right at us and smiled, ok, so there was no smile and it kinda looked like an alien. Ben got some good practice with the machine and some really good pictures. It's good to know that I am having a baby and not a puppy.

2 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I love it- congratulations on your human child. I can't wait to find out if you are really having a girl.

kaleen said...

congrats! that must have been a fun/exciting day for you guys!