Monday, May 26, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in Alaska!

I've been excited recently because things started to turn green here. It is finally spring! Much to my surprise, Ben got today off. We were invited to the Ellis' for a BBQ with pretty much the whole ward. The weather was wonderful- probably 65 degrees and sunny, and not even too windy. We took watermelon to share (which makes a day even better) and steak. I figured since it was the only time we would get to grill for awhile we should take advantage of it, and the sale prices on the steak. And it was good. We played whiffle ball. And Ben got showed up by his pregnant wife. Mostly I just enjoyed the sun and the company of other people. I think I got a little sunburned. The day was much better than planned- originally we were going to clean the house. We decided we would clean the house when it gets dark. (That's our new Alaska joke- you see, it doesn't get dark here). I'm very tired now, whiffle ball takes a lot out of a pregnant lady.

2 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Email me. I have pictures of you two from the bbq. Also, are you going to do the photography group with us? We actually need you for the photo editing. =)

leacayoung@gmail.com

mk said...

Are you looking pregnant yet? And post pictures of green Alaska!