I was forwarded this today, and it made me laugh. It's a marital test from the 1950's, it tells you how good of a wife you are.It works on a basic merit/demerit system- one point for good things (unless more points indicated) and subtract one point for negative things (or more points if indicated)
0-24 Very poor (failures)
25-41 Poor
42-58 Average
59-75 Superior
76 and up Very Superior
Here are a few of my favorites:
Demerits
Wears soiled or ragged dresses and aprons around the house.
Wears red nail polish.
Seams in hose often crooked.
Goes to bed with curlers on her hair or much face cream.
Puts her cold feet on husband at night to warm them.
Smokes, drinks, gambles, or uses dope (5). I guess other hard drugs are OK.
Squeezes toothpaste at the top.
Slows up card game with chatter and gossip.
Eats onions, radishes or garlic before a date or going to bed.
Wears pajamas while cooking.
Fails to wash top of milk bottle before opening it.
Serves dinner but fails to sit down till meal is half over- then wants husband to wait for her.
Wears pajamas instead of nightgown.
Serves too much from tin cans or the delicatessen store.
Doesn't want to get up to prepare breakfast.
Smokes in bed or has cigarette stained fingers.
Walks around house in stocking feet.
Merits
Dresses for breakfast.
Lets husband sleep late on Sunday and holidays.
Laughs at husband's jokes and his clowning.
Has a pleasant disposition in the morning- not crabby.
Keeps snacks in refrigerator for late eating.
Has a pleasant voice- not strident.
Often comments on husband's strength and masculinity.
Gives husband shampoo or manicure.
Keeps self dainty, perfumed and feminine.
The full test and one for husbands can be found at http://flickr.com/photos/tiabla/sets/72157605047200616/
I scored a 62- it helps if you don't wear stockings at all.
2 comments:
Kortney, you're awesome! :D I sucked at that, but hey, then again, I'm not a wife! And again, it's not the 50s! hehe That was fun though. Hope you have a nice Memorial weekend!
I am so excited that you posted this test. I will probably put it on my blog.
Post a Comment