Unless it's a girl. Today we got to go in for the official ultrasound! This little boy is growing fast. So, to clarify, the tech said he was pretty sure that it's a boy, but wouldn't give us a 100%, and said to come back in a month for a look-see to confirm that it's a boy. But, perhaps prematurely, I would like to say "I told you so." Once again, he was very active, doing plenty of acrobatics for us. He must like Sprite. The tech had a hard time getting a few of the shots because he was moving so much. He did settle down towards the end (the Sprite probably wore off) and then we had to jiggle my belly to get him to move into the right position; it was fun to watch how he responds to prodding. Everything on the baby looks healthy- the heart, brain, kidneys and spine. We even got a halfway look at his face. They had a 3D ultrasound that the tech tried, but he wasn't in the right position, kept moving and had his hands in front of his face. He looks like a pirate (his hand in the way made a big black patch where his other eye should be). I think he looks like Ben. I also finally got a due date!!!! October 27th! That's about 2 weeks sooner than the original (Nov 5) which is why they went ahead and sent us in for the ultrasound this week. We like the new due date, one because it is earlier, and two because that is exactly 2 years to the day that Ben and I had our first date (which is the day we met). We are very excited to meet this little guy.
I was amazed! The tech was zipping through the exam, identifying body parts and bones and organs, it was really cool. I was impressed by the size of our baby! He was much bigger than he was a few weeks ago when we had an "unofficial" ultrasound. Kortney says she thinks she feels the baby move sometimes, and I am not surprised, the baby was turning cartwheels and flips all over the place, he turned completely around and upside down faster than I can on solid ground! I'm kind of proud of him already, It was really cool to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment