Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Here's to Being 26!

You know this year's gonna be more exciting than the last when it begins with a 3 am call to 911.

We got home last night rather late from trick-or-treating at Rob and Kristi's, and didn't get to bed until after 1. Around 3 I woke up to this loud banging, and it only took me a second to realize it was our door and someone was trying to get in. Even with my yelling, it took Ben a little longer than a second. From the sound of it, I thought he had the door open and it was hitting against the chain. Then Ben opens the door and starts talking to this guy trying to get him to sit down. Apparently he was really high. He had no shoes on. And Ben was afraid he was going to fall down the stairs and bust his head open. I'm in Kennady's room in case I need to pick her up and take her to our room. Ben comes back in and we call the cops. They show up a little later, and this guy's gone down to the parking lot, right outside our bedroom window. The cops are trying to figure out what this guy is doing and he starts being rather uncooperative. They are trying to figure out his name. Sally he says. More cops show up. They wrestle him to the ground and cuff him. Then cuff his legs together. Then an ambulance shows up and they throw him on a stretcher. Crazy.

So I tell Kennady she can sleep in our bed and ask Ben what kind of handgun he wants for my birthday. When I finally did fall asleep, I had really crazy dreams all night long. What a start to a day! And it's snowing. I think I need donuts.

Oh, and there is so much cuteness coming up. Birthday party and Halloween all in one post, with pictures.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's scary, I'm glad no one got hurt. I would have nightmares for weeks...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Unknown said...

well, Happy Birthday! Let's hope you get to sleep in tomorrow!