Although nothing of note has happened recently, I thought I'd let you all know that we are still alive. And, better yet, we are all healthy. Friday afternoon we piled in the car with our friends Lola and her daughter Gwen and headed to the zoo. We got a zoo pass for the year, courtesy of our credit union we got our car loan through. We can always bring a guest (and any child under 2) for free, so if you want to go to the zoo, give me a call! We were slightly disappointed, since none of the animals were out. Ok, some of them were, but the elephants weren't, and we love the elephants. But going to the zoo is always fun, and I'm sure we'll get great use out of our zoo pass.
Saturday we got a Wii. For my birthday. I thought I wanted a BluRay player to be able to stream Netflix and Pandora, but then figured out a Wii will do the same. Plus someday I can get guitar hero and pretend to be a rockstar. I know, we're about 5 years behind the curve. We've just not been able to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a game system. Now they're pretty cheap. We also got a balance board and Wii Fit, so I can pretend to exercise. We've had fun with it so far, even Kennady. I'm happy when I can find things that will help her use some of her energy during the winter. I also figured out that it won't stream Pandora. Dang. But I found another internet radio, so it's all good.
We also had McD's for breakfast. Ben had a meeting, so we all went. I heart egg mcmuffins. Even though I can make my own that taste better. And they only give one hashbrown in a bag now? What's up with that? Ben got to have lots of fun that morning, cleaning the church, going to a meeting and then helping someone move. When he got back I left him with the kids and went shopping. Found a new pair of jeans. Also found a WalMart less ghetto than the one we've been going to. If you thought your WalMart was bad, come to ours, it's the worst. Yeah, that was pretty much the day.
Sunday Ben had to go help out at the retirement home. Which left me with the two kids to get to church. Not so fun. Then, of course, Korban just wanted to eat when we got there. He still can't seem to make it more than an hour and a half without eating. Then Ben and I got to man nursery, just the two of us, with Korban. Grrr. Sometimes I think I should say no. It worked out though, because Korban was content to just lay on the floor playing with toys and watch the chaos. One of the parents didn't come until 15 minutes after to get their kid. She didn't know he was in there. Nice. Let's just say I was pooped by the time we got home. Yay for the traditional cheese sandwiches made by Ben. And popcorn and ice cream for dinner. And a nap. I love Ben.
Today has been a better Monday than most. I still prefer nights when Ben is home. I got our bedroom mostly clean. No thanks to two children. Korban only had two 15 minute naps today and is still awake rolling all over the floor. I wish I had that kind of energy. The rest of this week will be pretty crazy. Tomorrow is dance class and possibly a date. Wednesday is girls night out with some friends. Thursday we're babysitting. Friday and Saturday is Time Out For Women, and I get to to go with my sisters- Kristi, Kristal and Wendy. Although we've not yet figured out when exactly we are going. Saturday Ben's family will be here! So looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and getting to spend some time with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment