Thursday, November 10, 2011
Glorious!
The most amazing thing happened last night. Right before Kennady's bedtime I decided it was time for Korban to move out of our room. Ben, I'm pretty sure, thought I was crazy, but was kind enough to humor me. We cleared a spot in Kennady's room and moved Korban's crib in. Kennady was super excited- she's been talking about it since before he was born. After the whole bedtime routine, not only did we tuck Kennady in, but we also tucked Korban in. He, of course, started crying and fussing. Ben was pretty concerned that neither kid would get any sleep or that Kennady would throw something at Korban. I talked him into being patient and letting Korban cry for a couple of minutes. Then I went in, gave him his binky back and rubbed his head until he laid back down. Kennady said, "Don't take him out of my room!" Then, badaboom, he was asleep and Kennady followed shortly after. It was before 9 pm. Korban doesn't usually go to bed before 11. Korban did whimper a couple of times and we could hear Kennady say "Korban, go back to sleep." He did wake up once to eat and get a diaper change, but Kennady didn't stir. Then this morning an amazing thing happened, they both slept in. It was great. And it seems like we are going to struggle a lot less with Korban on bedtime than we did with Kennady. It might even make bedtime for Kennady easier. So overall it was a smashing success. Do I count on it to happen again? Not really. It seemed a little too good to be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment