It's rather amazing that a second child survives. Or that any child lives to see their 4th birthday. Three year olds are something else. Like teenagers, with only half the emotional maturity (which is saying something, because I don't think teenagers have much emotional maturity). And three year olds stay home all day long. However, they sure provide a healthy amount of entertainment. In fact, some of the things they do are so ridiculous I can't help but laugh, which means I have to yell louder so Kennady doesn't think I'm condoning her actions.
Monday turned out to be a pretty terrible day, since Korban was super grumpy and so was Kennady. Korban is a VERY loud crier/screamer and that's pretty much what he did all day long. Ben came home and made dinner while I took Kennady to the store. When we got home he was off the the hospital for the night. Kennady was being particularly slow at eating her taco soup, so I got up and started putting the soup away and doing dishes. Korban was sitting in his bumbo on the floor about 6 feet away from her. Kennady was spending most of her time trying to make him laugh. I can see her in my peripheral vision, jumping up and down. She's yelling "I gotch ya" over and over. After a couple of minutes I turn to see what Korban thinks is so funny, just in time to see Kennady throw a soup covered bean at him, it hits him on his leg, splatters him with soup, and he laughs hysterically. There are beans and soup all over the kitchen- the walls, the floor, the fridge, the chairs. Everywhere. Kennady went to bed at 7:30.
Yesterday I was attempting to clean our room. Korban was laying on our bed playing with some toys. Kennady was supposed to be having quiet time. She hates quiet time. I had finally locked her in her room. Then she became even noisier, pounding on the door and screaming. So I caved and let her out to run wild, fearing our neighbors might call the cops. She came in and was entertaining Korban again. She had two of his soft rattles that have strings attached to them to hook onto his carseat and was shaking them. Harmless enough. He's laughing, and then he starts screaming. I turn around and Kennady is wielding nunchucks. She tries to escape and jumps off my bed into the wall, screaming the whole time.
I think I'll become a zookeeper, I'm pretty sure it would be quieter and less chaotic. Plus, the whole cages thing sounds pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment