Here's that post to go with those pictures. We had Kennady's birthday party on Saturday. Backup. Thursday I started making cake. I stayed up super late getting it all baked. And I formed the cake balls. And leveled the cakes. Friday I spent all day decorating cake/making cake pops. Literally, all day. With a bazillion interruptions from my children. And at some point I ended up getting chocolate all over our bedroom, when Kennady decided to wake her brother up. As you could see from the pictures, I did get it all finished. The cake pops were pumpkin & cream cheese frosting in white chocolate. Yum. In fact, I'm eating one right now. That night we went to a Halloween party with some friends. Our neighbor volunteered to watch Kennady, so we only took Korban. It was a pretty good break for us. It would have been even better if I hadn't been so beat from making all that cake. Oh, yeah, I should have mentioned that the house exploded. 3 year old unsupervised.
Saturday we woke up early and power cleaned. We still ran out of time and ended up stashing the last of the dirty dishes in our oven. I am awesome. The party was fun and cute and lots of Kennady's little friends came. She loved it. I didn't get any pictures, because my camera died. Except of Kennady blowing out the candle on her cake pop. But she was being all shy when everyone was singing, so you can't even see her face.
Monday was Halloween. My favorite day of the year. Seriously, I love it. Ben came home after lunch. I took pictures of the kids. Kennady refused to take off her costume, and I didn't make her. She wore it to the bank and the store. We went to our ward trunk-or-treat. Maximum candy, minimum time. Then we headed down to Rob and Kristi's. We ate dinner first, and then headed out trick-or-treating. Real trick-or-treating where you get to knock on doors. I haven't done that in years. (Probably not as long as you are thinking, because I only stopped when I got to college, because college kids can't go trick-or-treating in the neighborhoods, there's a city ordinance, or at least supposedly there was). Kennady thought it was great fun, as long as there wasn't anything scary in the yard. Russell and Scott (and probably Kristi, Ben and Korban) were done after a little while. So Kennady and I continued on, just the two of us. Heehee, I love it. We probably only got 10 more houses at most, but I was so proud of my little trick-or-treater who wanted to walk by herself and carry her own candy bucket. The neighborhood was a fantastic place to go... I picked it for the streetlamps and sidewalks...but Kennady got some awesome candy- 6 or more full-size candy bars. After we returned we put the kids to bed (uh, sort of) and watched Captain America. That's why we got home so late that night. If you don't know what happened, scroll down to "Here's to Being 26" post.
Some of you might be wondering if my birthday got any better. Well, um, yes. But not the greatest. Weekend birthdays are so much better. Korban was super grumpy all day. Not sure what's up (maybe teeth?) but today he's been running a fever all day. Ben did take us out for dinner at Red Robin (endless french fries make me happy). They even brought me a big free dessert for my birthday....a big slice of chocolate mousse pie. Yeah, I don't really like chocolate. Ok, some chocolate I do, especially mixed with peanut butter. But chocolate cake I don't like. So Ben had a delicious dessert and I ate more fries. Then we came home, put the kids to bed, and I went to bed at 9:30. And slept until 9:30 the next morning. I did wake up a couple times to feed Korban, but it was fantastic. Lame, but fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment