Speaking of my wonderful Mommy, she came to visit. And I'm going to steal some pictures from her blog. There are more pictures at her blog, but I know some of you will be too lazy to go look.
Uh, this is what we did most of the time my mom was here. Helped my sister make this monstrosity of a cake for Eisley's first birthday party. That is 8 cakes 2 batches of rice krispie treats. Kendra did a great job with it, the frosting and sculpting. We just got to do the boring part...baking all those cakes. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to making Kennady's cake, and I'm not even having cake for my birthday. I think I'll have some homemade ice cream instead :)
| Here's my big boy in a high chair, eating his weight in baby food and rice cereal. |
| We have our hands full. Like how Korban at 4 1/2 months is nearly the same size as Eisley at 12 months? |
| Kennady's birthday donut. We were sick of cake.Well, and she really likes donuts. |
| Sweet boy lounging on Kennady's new birthday sofa. |
| Kennady and Eisley playing with Eisley's birthday present- a sand and water table, er a water and rice krispie table. |
Then we headed down to Provo. We hung out with Kristal, Dan and Wendy. Then Wendy watched Kennady so we could go on a 3-year-old less date. Korban was pretty good. We had cheese fries and got to talk (something we can't do with Kennady around, she likes attention). Then we took Wendy out for ice cream.
Sunday was spent in quarantine. Eisley had hand, foot, and mouth and mouth disease before we got there, so we wanted to make sure they passed the incubation period. And we may or may not have forgotten that it was Stake conference, and church started an hour earlier. See? I really, really need to write things down these days.
Monday was laundry day. That's what happens when you go out of town for a few days. The laundry piles up. We just got all of it folded tonight. Well, most of it. Laundry day meant we didn't get out of our pjs all day.
Tuesday the kiddos had doctors appointments. Kennady's 3 year check up. She's awesomely healthy. 37 inches tall and 28 lbs. And doing all the things a 3 year old should do. She was pretty happy to not have to get any shots this time. Korban got thrush :( Really, he hasn't complained, but it wasn't clearing up on its own. He weighs 18 lbs now. That's a one pound weight gain in the last 3 weeks. That kid can EAT. He started eating solids. He loves everything. Even if he doesn't love it, he eats it, and eats a lot of it. A whole tub of baby food, the bigger tubs. And then nurses. No wonder, he's been starving this whole time. He really hasn't even cut back on the feedings. Except that he does sleep through the night now. Yipee! I am returning to my human self.
Today was DMV day. I'm officially a Utah resident. And my driver's license picture is awful. Pretty sure it's exactly what it would look like if I ever get booked into jail. I was so glad I made an appointment, and got to jump the lines. And I loved taking the open book driver's test. Now I have an idea why people here can't drive. (um, no offense Utahn readers....unless you can't drive i.e. you change 3 lanes without signaling or looking while talking on your cell phone). I'm even more glad that Kristi agreed to watch my kids while I went. I can only imagine how fun that would have been with them. Then I registered the Cavalier, where I had to pay more taxes than the car is worth (which isn't super hard, since I'd probably have to pay someone to buy it). Can you believe that car is still chugging along? We just replaced the windshield (so we could register it in Utah), so according to the law of probability, the transmission will probably fall out soon. Or it will live to be 250,000 miles old to spite us all.
Then back to Kristi's for play time...until Kennady decided it was a good idea to push Russell down the stairs. Uhg. I have that kid. Luckily, Russell's none the worse for it, what a tough kid. So then it was nap time. I drove home with both kids sleeping. And then really wished I had a garage, so they could continue to nap safely in the car while I did something productive or at least slept somewhere more comfortable. Don't worry, I didn't actually fall asleep, Korban was rather distraught the car stopped moving, so I got to carry 46 lbs of dead weight up 2 flights of stairs. And then Kennady woke up as soon as we got inside, hysterical and wouldn't go back to sleep.
Ok, now you are caught up. Just kidding! We haven't even talked about Kennady's birthday. She turned 3, you know. It's such a big deal that I'm going to give it its own post. Nevermind that it's past my bedtime. Plus, I figure if I wait until after her party on Saturday I can cover it all at once. And her dance class. Yep, now I know everyone is going to come back and read, because 3 year olds in dance class are the cutest thing ever. Cuter than ponies even.

1 comment:
that little korban is such a handsome boy! Watch out girls here comes another nelson boy!
Post a Comment