Thursday, December 23, 2010

We Did It!

We are finally moved into our new apartment! What a crazy week! After receiving my x-rays back, it turned out I didn't have pneumonia, only severe bronchitis. Which was great. I mean, I still felt terrible, but pneumonia would have meant basically bed rest. Bronchitis just meant me feeling lousy and getting a lot of drugs. Rob and Mom Nelson showed up on Friday and saved the day. We got everything packed, loaded into the trailer and the apartment cleaned, just in time for check-out. It was close. And there's no way we could have done it without them. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Ben also graduated! We ended up missing graduation, but went to convocation (the part where they read off his name and handed him his diploma cover). Oh man, was it boring! They didn't even let us clap or cheer. Lame. And the speakers were terrible. Life sciences are in the same college as agriculture, so we got to listen to some girl talk about cows and FFA and how she only went to BYU-Idaho because she got rejected everywhere else. But Ben is finished! He has a Bachelor's degree!! No more undergraduate, ever.

Saturday night we headed down to Utah and we spent the weekend at Rob and Kristi's. Monday we moved into our apartment. It's in Holladay. I like it, it's set back in lots of trees. It's bigger than our last apartment, but not nearly as much storage, so we are finding ways to deal with that. It's older, so it's a little cold (mostly just in Kennady's room...we're going to have to figure out a way to fix that) because the windows probably could use to be replaced. But we have new carpet, and the kitchen is way bigger, which makes me happy, and we have a dining room. We are mostly unpacked, but are kind stuck because we need a dresser. We sold our other dressers and there were built in shelves in the closet at our last apartment. We have too many clothes!

We went to Lowes looking for storage solutions and came home with 2 baker's racks, a 4 ft real Christmas tree and lights. Kennady loves the Christmas tree and thinks it is so exciting. I like that Lowe's already had all their Christmas stuff clearanced, so the tree was $3. Our plans for the next week include: finish unpacking, have a fantastic Christmas breakfast, bake a ham, enjoy spending time with Ben's family, seeing the lights on Temple Square and just doing whatever we want. Ben starts work on Jan 3, and we have absolutely no obligations until then! It's fantastic. This is the first break Ben has had since we got married.

Well sometime I'll post graduation picture and pictures of the new place.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Glad it's over and everything turned out all right! Bronchitis, while pretty much the pits, is scads better than pneumonia. Have a happy Christmas in your new home!

kaleen said...

whoa whoa whoa- ok first, congrats on your hubby graduating! That is awesome. Second, so glad you don't have pneumonia and that you guys are getting all settled your new place :)

Ok- so where in Holladay do you live? That is where I first lived when I moved to Utah! I love Holladay!

I hope everything is going well. Merry Christmas!