Monday, December 13, 2010

Let the Coutntdown Begin

Not the one to Christmas. Our Christmas countdown will be short this year, because it won't start until after we move! This countdown is the one until we move. I was going to say one week, but I guess we'll have a little less time than that...5 days. From what I know, Rob and Mom Nelson are going to come up on Friday night, and then Saturday go to graduation with us, and afterward load the trailer and help clean. We've actually made progress on packing, so I don't think this is out of our reach. And we are excited to see Mom Nelson!

After Saturday I am out of plans so far. I don't know when we will be able to move into our new apartment. We were shooting for the 21st, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen, because I'm pretty sure mail out of Rexburg is the slowest on the planet.

This last week was... fun. So I had this cold and I was miserable, until I suddenly realized I was in my second trimester, and probably had more drug options (as opposed to none). So I called the doctor's office and left a question for the nurses. My doctor actually called me back, on his way home from the office, and after talking to me for a few minutes seemed pretty convinced that my cold was bronchitis. So I got some antibiotics and a heavy duty cough medicine. Well the cough medicine knocked me out. Like I couldn't open my eyes. Ben did his best to hang out here, but with finals week approaching, he had a lot to do. He left for 10 minutes to get me some lunch (in hopes that a Subway sandwich would wake me up), and while he was gone Kennady found a bottle of rubbing alcohol and dumped the entire thing on the floor. Yeah, I'm a bad parent on drugs. So I called my friend Rebekah and asked if Kennady could come play for the afternoon, and she graciously said yes. I feel tons better and the disaster area that was my house has been mostly cleaned up.

Friday was our ward Christmas party. Yummy dinner that I didn't have to make. I also got to babysit Eisley all day. She is such a good baby. Kennady was a little jealous by the end of the day and jumped off the back of the couch on to the two of us while I was feeding Eisley. Luckily, I don't think she even got a bruise. Man, I was tired by the end of the day. I'm not sure how to survive having two kids all the time. I guess I'll figure it out.

Saturday we did some packing and some cleaning. Ben was gone a lot of the day studying and working on projects. It'll be so nice after this week when he doesn't have to do that. We also found out that he got another interview for med school - at University of Washington. As of now, he interviews on Jan. 4 in Boise, ID, he just has to make sure that will work with his work schedule. But we are excited to have 2 interviews!

Saturday night Jared and Rebekah came over for game night. We played the European edition of Ticket to Ride. Fun!

Yesterday was church and then we went to Mike and Kari's for dinner. We are sure going to miss all of our friends when we move!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

boise would be so cool! I would love having you nearby so our children could be monsters together...remember the monkey leash? Chloe has one that I use on a very regular basis. She didn't think much of it the first time she got it off as she ran straight for the toilet and dumped it in, but now she hugs it and seems to like her monkey.