What's worse than trying to move during finals week with a two-year-old while being pregnant? Trying to move during finals week with a two-year-old while being pregnant and having pneumonia. Yep, that's right. This week has officially topped the list as the worst week ever. I've had a cold and a week or so ago when I called to ask the nurse what kind of cough medicine I could use, the doctor suspected bronchitis and put me on some antibiotics and cough medicine. I started feeling tons better, for a few days, and then I started feeling sick again. So when I went in for my 16 week checkup today....they wouldn't let me leave. Instead they started an IV, pumped me full of fluids and antibiotics and then sent me in for a chest x-ray. The worst part about the whole thing, I had to lay flat for the IV and it made me cough incessantly for an hour straight.
So I called in the Relief Society, for some relief. Seriously, lifesavers. Poor Kennady has been shuffled from house to house today, although I doubt she really minds because she was very excited to go play with her friends. I found someone on the school bulletin board who was advertising her cleaning services, and I hired her to do all the dirty work- the oven, the fridge, the bathroom. Now I am just trying to rest, and I'm really really bad at it, because there is an entire house to pack and clean, plus a million other things to do. Why am I blogging? Because, I can do it laying down on the couch, and it keeps me from giving into the temptation to scrub walls.
Kendra will be here pretty soon and I guess I can let her pack. And then tomorrow Rob and Mom Nelson are coming, so I'm sure everything will get done. Still I prefer to do it by myself. Call me a micro manager. I like to know what is in what box and have all the tiny crevices in the door of the fridge clean. I'm gonna blame my dad for that last one.
The good news? We really have an apartment and we will be moving in on the 20th. And Ben will be finished with finals tomorrow. In fact, he'll be finished with his undergraduate degree forever. I think that makes all this worth it.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry! I think you deserve a good pity party. We had to move 4 days after Josh was born and I remember getting so frustrated at having people all around me doing all the things I knew I was supposed to be doing. Now I'm just really thankful that those people were there for me!
Post a Comment