Monday, December 13, 2010

Rant

Arrrrgghh. I am soo soo soo mad right now. Here's the story:

Yesterday a mom came in the last 15 minutes of Relief Society asking if anyone had an extra little boy's shirt she could borrow. She has two kids in nursery and one in primary. Right after church she was sitting in the foyer holding her little boy, who was wearing a shirt obviously too big for him. I asked what happened and she said that he had thrown up earlier that morning, but she thought it was just the juice he drank. But then in nursery he'd thrown up again. And then I find out that her little girl who is in primary was bragging about throwing up that morning! Really? 2 out of 3 kids are throwing up and you think it's just the juice?

So Kennady today brings me her blanket and says, "Mommy, I burped." And it's covered in vomit. Luckily she seems to have caught all of it in her blanket, so I didn't have much mess to clean up. However, I do not need a sick kid this week, I have too much to do! Grrrr.....grrrr....grrr. And if I get sick.....ooo...watch out, I'm going to be really mad.

And just to lighten the mood here's a funny story:

Today Ben was up early and when Kennady got up he gave her a bowl of cereal and let her watch cartoons. Then he had to leave, and there was about 30 minutes before I drug myself out of bed. When I got out to the living room, Kennady's sitting in front of the tv watching Mickey Mouse, eating cereal, and holding a stuffed giraffe I'd never seen before. Then I noticed all the wrapping paper surrounding her. I guess when we brought in the box full of Christmas presents from Mom Ellis last night, we left it in the living room, and Kennady found it. I said, "Kennady, you weren't supposed to open those until Christmas!" She turned around and said, "It's too late."

2 comments:

Stimpson Family said...

I can ditto your rant! My daughter has been sick too. She's been puking almost all weekend. We still can't get the smell out of her carpet even after: lysol, fabreze, carpet shampoo'er, baking soda, and a good amount of elbow greese. Now that she's done puking she's moved on to explosive diapers! I guess she's getting us ready for the new little one.
There's definitely something going around Rexburg nurseries. Either that or my daughter had the same juice.

That's too funny about the Christmas gift!

Good luck with the end of the semester and the move! Let us know how we can help you!

Christina said...

I love your story about her Christmas present. At least you know she liked it right? That's a little obvious, when they're throwing up - at church! Sad. I always think people blame nursery too much for sickness- but really, if they're that sick, keep them home!