Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Medical Schools:

Why the cruelty? First you make us wait a month to find out MCAT scores, even though the whole thing is done on the computer and it knows your score the instant you are finished. Then everyone wants secondary applications. It's like when all of your teachers assign major projects at the same time, because, obviously, their class is more important than any other. And half of the questions on the essays are either 1) Stupid or 2) Repetitive, but not in the time-saving copy and paste kind of way. So you turn in your secondary applications, and they aren't complete because everyone is waiting on your letters of recommendation (because the school you currently attend doesn't have a premed program and no one knows what they are doing). Finally, you get that all squared away and then come the e-mails:

Congratulations!!!!! ....... Your application is complete.

Really? I don't think any letter except and acceptance letter should start with "congratulations." Except maybe a letter inviting you for an interview. Oh yes. And then you must wait around to find out if you get an interview. Or multiple interviews. Which, of course, you must pay to travel to. And most likely they are all in January or February, but they could be as early as October. But they might let you know a month in advance, maybe. And then sometime in March, maybe, we'll find out where Ben will be going to school. This seems like a silly game to play.

In other news, this weekend was Conference weekend. Which should have been thoroughly enjoyable. Unfortunately I was super sick. A cold, turned sinus infection, turned sinus infection of death (ok, I'm not really dying). Let's just say that Ben made homemade cinnamon rolls, and I barely ate one. And one night I said I didn't want ice-cream. Ben, in fact, did all of the cooking this weekend. Which left one giant mess in the kitchen this morning. But I think the cinnamon rolls and potato soup were worth it. Luckily, all the conference talks come out in print, so I can read them.

And the verdict is: Dinosaur party. Today we went to look for dinosaur party stuff. I couldn't find any at the Dollar store or KMart. And then I was done looking. I did find a pretty sweet cake pan on Amazon, I wonder if I can decorate it decently. It's one of those where you have to pipe all the frosting on. It looks time consuming. Of course, it can't take longer than a 3 tier, double layer fondant cake. If it does, Kennady will have a giant cake mound of nothingness when I give up. And she won't care, because she just wants to eat it.

P.S. Does anyone want to mop my floors? It's been neglected, but I can't find the motivation to do it. I don't have much floor.

4 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I would totally clean your floor. if it was in scranton pa

Amberly said...

I had to chuckle... just wait until Match Day! If you think the application process is a joke, you're really going to hate the way they determine which residency program he gets into!

And I would clean your floor... but mine is pretty filthy right now too. :(

Devon said...

I will clean your floor in a couple of weeks!

munyer jerk chicken said...

I just sent you an email with a picture of a super easy dinosaur cake I made. Good luck!