Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back in Missouri

So Kennady and I made it to Missouri. Suprisingly she was amazing on the trip here. People kept telling me how "well behaved" my child is. I laughed a lot. I discovered that airlines are super helpful when you travel by yourself with an infant. They didn't make us wait in the 45 minute security line at SLC airport, we just got to go up to the front. Then we got upgraded to the extra legroom seating. Kennady sat quietly on my lap and read books, and watched part of a movie. Our layover in Denver was about an hour, and she just ran around and talked to strangers. She thinks any middle aged woman is grandma, and is super friendly with them, and they love it. For the next segment, we had both seats, so Kennady could have had her own seat, but she wanted to sit on my lap. She fell asleep as the plane was taking off and slept until we pulled up in the driveway of Grandma and Grandpa's house.

She is loving being here and playing with Granma and Grandpa. She is having a great time, eating way too much junk food and not getting nearly enough sleep. But she is still in a pretty good mood, so I'll take it. We both miss Daddy a lot though and wish that he was here. I think he is still surviving at home by himself. He is almost done with finals and then will start studying like mad to take the MCAT again. I told him if he gets bored he can always clean the house :)

Oh, and I finally decided on and bought a camera. I am now anxiously awaiting it's arrival, which will hopefully be tomorrow. It's a Panansonic Lumix FH20. Not at all what I thought I would be buying. But I did a lot of research, and this little camera had great reviews and everything that I was looking for (for a point and shoot). Plus it was cheaper than any Canons or Nikons. Hopefully it will live up to its rave reviews.

On Monday we went to my cousin Evan's birthday party. It was at the pool. Kennady loved it. She wanted to swim by herself (I think with a little more pool time, she'd be swimming pretty soon). And she loved jumping off the edge of the pool. She definitely had to be watched closely. She also loved the chocolate cupcake. I'll have to get some pictures from Mica to post.

Kennady is having lots of fun destroying Grandma's house. I think no wmy mom is starting to believe that her little angel grandbaby is a trouble maker. A very cute trouble maker. Oh, and it is hot here. I'd forgotten what summer in Missouri feels like.

No comments: