Today Kennady went on her first date. Haha, Ben is going to cringe at that. Mostly I just needed to get out of the house, so I called Katy and her, Jake, Kennady and I went to a movie. How to Train Your Dragon. Kennady absolutely loved it! She was just talking and talking and kept wanting to hold the dragons, and growling. And then she kept talking about it all day. On the way home she said, "I like dragons." I suppose taking her to Yellowstone Bear World isn't a good idea. Good movie, at least what I saw of it. Kennady didn't move from her seat for the first half hour or so, but Jake didn't sit still for more than 5 minutes. Eventually Kennady decided that she needed to run around with Jake, and then decided that she didn't like running around in a dark movie theater, and we needed to leave so she and Jake could go play. So I've not yet seen the end of the movie. Then to Taco Bell for some cheap refreshment. Gotta love how $3 can keep you entertained all day in Rexburg.
We came home and took a nap. Fantastic. I wasn't intending on taking a nap, but Kennady refuses to go to sleep by herself, and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before she did. By the time I woke up, I realized it was a little late to make dinner, and I had a buy one get one free coupon for Famous Dave's. So I convinced Ben to take me to dinner. Unfortunately, everyone else in a 100 mile radius had the same idea, so we had a rather long wait for dinner. Kennady was thoroughly entertained by Wilbur the pig. She is going to love Disneyland. She kept giving it hugs and kisses and dancing with it. Maybe I should get a giant costume to wear, I think it might make the day go a little smoother. Dinner was sooo goooood. I love brisket. Then we came home and the bedtime antics began. Ugh. She is finally asleep, in our bed. Grr. Someday I am going to invent a little detachable bed so you can move them without waking them up.
I also spent some time today researching cameras. I really want a Nikon Coolpix s8000, but would settle for the s6000. Ok, so really I'd settle for a lot of things. But I really like that it's small, has 10x optical zoom, and isn't super outrageously priced (it might take awhile with Amazon gift cards).
Tomorrow we are off for an adventure with Kendra. I think it involves yard sales and swimming pools. We decided against the all-you-can-eat ice cream and bounce houses.
Oh, and I almost forgot the most exciting news of all. Marlene, Ben's sister, is engaged. We are so happy for her! It looks like we'll be taking a trip to Oregon in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment