Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Kid's Funny

Kennady has the new ability to form sentences. Some of them are comprehensible. And almost every one that I can understand makes me laugh. Yesterday she looked at me and says "I gotta go potty." I was surprised. However, after a very long time of sitting on the potty, I finally decided she was just saying that.

Later, when Ben got home, we laid down in hopes of getting a nap (ha...right). Kennady kept coming in and out of our bedroom making as much noise as she possibly could with the door, and saying "hi" and "bye" every time. And then she came in and said "You go to sleep," and then left again. She kept doing this until about the fifth time when she said "You go to sleep now. You get a spankin." And then she spanked me. And then she kept doing it over and over again. I was laughing, Ben didn't think it was funny. I'm not so sure his method of getting that kid to bed is working too well.

Then when I was talking with my mom on the phone she says, "Talk Uncle Dustin." So we let her talk to Uncle Dustin. She said, "I gotta potty. I gotta poop. Bye bye." I think he deserved that conversation.

No comments: