
After moving all of Kendra and Nathan's stuff we went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Yumm Yumm. All the while I keep hearing people talk about the snow storm headed our way. On the way home it starts to snow. After some weather checking, we decided against leaving Saturday night, because I thought I would rather drive through snow in the daytime than in the dark. Sunday we woke up and went to church, and there wasn't any snow on the ground (meaning that it must have stopped snowing shortly after we got into the house on Saturday).
Kennady is a monkey at church. She hates to sit still (really, what 13 month old who is walking doesn't?), she always follows the older kids to nursery and gets upset when we have to drag her out and tell her she isn't old enough to go to nursery. So we spend the next 2 hours (sacrament isn't usually too bad, we can keep her quietly entertained with snacks and books for 1 hour) taking turns chasing her through the room, keeping her out of other people's purses and carseats, and restraining her from trying to play with all the newborns. It gets exhausting pretty quick. Oh, and did I mention that she likes to be super cute when she is doing all this. She knows she isn't supposed to get in other people's things, so she looks at me grins, starts getting into something and then when I go to get her she runs off giggling. And everyone says that she's ok, but it's not ok with me for her to go digging around in some stranger's things. Eventually one of us has to take her out, where instead of letting her roam the halls, she has to sit still on our lap, since she was beginning to think that going out was some kind of reward. We are counting down the weeks until she gets to go to nursery (um...in like 6 months, we may go crazy).
Anyways, by the time we left church (which was 10 minutes early because I has most definitely at my limit), it was snowing like crazy with an inch or so already on the ground. We go home, checked the weather and saw they were calling for 4-8 inches of snow instead of 1-3, and the storm was further south. So we decided not to leave that day either. Which meant I had time to bake cookies!
Monday we got up early, loaded the car and headed on our way. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the roads were clear. Kennady, however, decided somewhere around Ogden that she hated being in the car. We finally stopped just north of Salt Lake, ate some lunch and put Kennady back in the car - and she promptly fell asleep. We dropped Ben off at Rob's house to slave away and we headed to the apartment to help Kristi pack.
And then the craziness started. Ben and Rob pulled an all nighter working on the house. Kristi and I packed until we ran out of boxes. The next few days were similar- packing and working on the house. I learned some new skills this week- staining and finishing posts and laying tile carpet. The whole Nelson clan came down on Tuesday and there were plenty of helpers (and some awesome babysitters!). Wednesday night Mom Nelson and I took a break from the construction to make pumpkin pies and cheesecake. By the time Thanksgiving rolled around I think everyone was pretty beat. There was some scrambling to get the kitchen functioning and then clean. We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, followed by pie with the extended Nelson clan, and then cheesecake for bedtime snack. Friday was more working on the house and then I forced Ben to take a break to take me on a date. We wandered around Ikea for awhile and then shared an appetizer at Chili's. We headed home on Saturday morning. We had fun hanging out with the family and getting to work together. And I always like to learn something new. And I'm really glad that we aren't trying to build a house right now.
Saturday we headed back to Rexburg, where the snow from Sunday was still on the ground. We spent the next two days trying to recover from our vacation. Isn't that how it always works? Now it is Monday and we are back to reality (well, our reality). Ben is way behind on his homework and with finals in a couple of weeks I know that I will not be seeing much of him. Kennady is once again getting her regular naps and eating (she has a hard time eating when there is a lot going on) so she is a much happier child. And I had done 2 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, fed Kennady and cleaned the kitchen all by 10 this morning.
One day Ben and I are going on vacation and the only thing we'll do is eat and lie in a hammock. And I might get terribly bored and sunburnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment