Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Splish Splash



Here are some cute pictures of Kennady's bath time. She loves to take a bath and asks me at least three times a day to take one. This might have something to do with all the bath toys she got for her birthday from Aunt Kendra and Aunt Marlene. She signs for bath and says bath. She also signs for diaper, sleep, juice and please now. Her new favorite thing to do is point at things. Mostly things on the wall, she points and I tell her what it is. There is a giraffe on her wall in her bedroom, so now she knows what a giraffe is and says giraffe- "wraff." She points and says "go," which either means she wants to go outside or she wants you to go away. She can tell you what a monkey says "oo oo", a dog "oof oof", a lion "rawr", and an elephant "blows a raspberry." She loves to read and brings me her books a bazillion times a day and wants me to read each one a thousand times in a row. I have some of them memorized, and I'm sure I'll memorize more of them. Her favorite are "Goodnight Gorilla", "Are You My Mother?" and "I Love You As Much." (Yes, I know books should be underlined, but cannot figure out how to get things underlined in Blogger. Although sometimes I underline things by accident and then can't get them un-underlined. There must be a secret button).

Kennady has also taken to sleeping in (yay!) and throwing tantrums (not yay). She loves to eat cookies, thank you Albertsons. No really, thanks, it lets me get my shopping done in peace (even though she gets covered from head to toe in chocolate, I get dirty looks from other mothers, and she pretty much refuses to eat anything that isn't laced with sugar). Ok, the last one really is a problem. Hopefully this is just a phase. I have noticed that if she won't eat anything for dinner, then I just let her go play and eventually she'll come back and eat it off her tray or the floor.

Today we went to Albertsons (I didn't even have to use the cookie, she was just in a good mood) and then to KMart because they are having a buy one get one half off on their makeup. So I was looking at makeup and Kennady was sitting in the front of the cart (not buckled in, because if I buckle her in she gets really mad and then somehow climbs out of the belt and stands up (really, it doesn't matter how tight it is, she's a little Houdini). I'm trying to figure out what shade of lipstick I need and Kennady is playing with my hair (this lets me know she is still safely in the cart). And then she stops, so I turn around and she's already managed to get herself halfway out of the cart through one of the leg holes. And then she was stuck because her shoulders are too wide to fit (luckily she was a wearing a big sweater and didn't raise her arms). So now she is stuck halfway in the cart and halfway out, screaming bloody murder, and I can't get her unstuck because the cart keeps moving every time I try to pull her out. Thanks to the nearly hysterically laughing associate who held the cart so I could get my baby unstuck. Kennady got to sit in the big part of the cart for the rest of the trip, which was filled with dancing and grabbing things off the shelf and throwing things out of the cart.

Perhaps others think I am the worst mother in the world for letting her eat cookies and things off the floor and letting her sit unsafely in the cart (really, there's just not a safe way for her to sit in the cart unless they start adding full body harnesses). But, you see, she is happy and healthy, so I don't really care what other people think.

Oh, and I should get a gold medal for my super saver shopping skills today. I spent $12 and saved $32 at the grocery store. Nevermind that I now have two pies and two quarts of ice cream we really don't need to eat. But it was a killer deal, we eat ice cream all the time and everyone needs pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (all the better if all I have to do is take it out of the box and stick it in the oven, because pumpkin pie pretty much all tastes the same).

And, after much deliberation, I've decided to go ahead with my idea to sell cheesecakes. I've also decided to add cookies and other baked goods to that list. Here's my new blog: Tasty Kreations. I probably won't make any money from it (see graphic design business) but at least I can say that I tried. And it's a step closer to realizing my ultimate dream of owning a bakery/bookstore. And of course in that bookstore I sell the book that I've written. I mean what is better than fresh cookies and a good book? Nothing. Ok, well, don't think too hard.

I actually thought I posted this several days ago, but apparently something went wrong and it never happened. Greg and Kandice watched Kennady last night so Ben and I could have a date! We thought we would avoid going out to dinner and instead went to the grocery store and bought stuff to make dinner. Nevermind that we spent nearly as much as we would have had we gone out to eat. We made fajitas, salsa and stuffed jalapenos. Yum Yum. Then we picked Kennady up, brought her home, put her to bed and watched a movie. We are so creative with our dates. I think dinner and a movie is my favorite kind of date, because it means we get to spend real time with each other and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg (we have to eat dinner one way or another and Horkley's here rents new releases for $1.50).

Tonight we are off for a free night of fun at the Institute Bash, which will probably consist mostly of single people, but I'm not one to pass up free fun. Besides, maybe we can convince one of the single college girls to watch our baby for us. They love babies.

1 comment:

mk said...

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a terrible mother. Especially since I've never been a mother -- how am I to know? Happy healthy child = sounds like you're doing a fine job to me!

I like reading your blog, PS.