Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crazy Weekend

Well, for starters, it's been my birthday all weekend. Friday night we dropped Kennady off with Kendra and Nathan and went to dinner at Johnny Carino's. Yumm. So good. It was nice to have an hour or so without the monkey too. Kendra and Nathan took Kennady trunk-or-treating at their church and she got them some candy. I also made chocolate chip cookies.

Saturday Ben let me sleep in. Then I got to go shopping all by myself for a couple of hours. I bought some fabric to make Kennady's quilt (yes, the one that I was going to make before she was born, but in the meantime have used most of the fabric for other things). And I got the missing ingredients for my cheesecake. Then we went out to lunch at Wingers. I love coupons. And free birthday desserts. Then we came home and I made a cheesecake. Ben insisted that I wasn't supposed to make my own birthday cake. But I really really wanted to. Then we got dressed for Halloween. Kennady was a monkey of course. I was a zookeeper and Ben was a veterinarian. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the three of us together. They were supposed to take pictures at the trunk-or-treat, so I didn't take my camera, but we couldn't find the guy taking them. And by the time I got my camera it was dark and Kennady was uncooperative. There is one of her and Ben, I'll post pictures later. Kennady had fun at the trunk-or-treat, very meticulously picking out her one piece of candy from each bowl. We didn't get a huge amount of candy, but pretty good for only being out for 20 minutes or so. Then we went to Grant & Cheryl's (Ben's uncle and aunt of sorts), since we went last year, we thought we might make it a tradition. We took them cookies, and they gave us caramel apples. After that we went to Kari's and saw her new baby. He was wearing Kennady's pumpkin outfit from last year, only he fit a little better, because he started life out at 8 lbs. Still, so tiny compared to my one-year-old.

Sunday we dropped Kennady off at Mike and Kari's and went to church. Our doctor suggested we not take her to church this week with her ear infection and both the flus peaking here this week. It was nice to not have to baby wrangle all through sacrament meeting. Although because everyone else still had their kids and all the coughing going on, I'm not sure it was any easier to hear what was being said. After church I worked on Kennady's quilt- cut out all the pieces and then had Ben help me play the puzzle game to decide where they all go. And I sewed all the rows together. Minkee fabric is not easy to work with, especially not for my first quilt. Oh well, it's soft and Kennady will like it even if the fabric is puckered and the seams aren't all straight in some places. Then I made zuppa tuscana for dinner and strawberry topping for my cheesecake. I told Ben I was cooking and he got to clean up the mess. The soup was delicious. The cheesecake, although not too pretty (it cracked really bad), was awesome. I am very happy that I can make super good cheesecake. Because there is not a Cheesecake Factory anywhere near here and I can't afford their cheesecake anyways.

Monday was still my birthday and so I talked Ben into letting us go to Red Robin and using my free birthday burger coupon. Mmm good food. Kendra and Nathan went with us and we had a jolly good time. And then they had to sing to me. Boo. And brought me free dessert- a chocolate Sundae. And then we played Guitar Hero. My favorite time waster. I still maintain that someday my Guitar Hero playing skills will come in handy. Finger dexterity.

Probably the only thing you are getting out of this post is that I gained 5 lbs. Well, actually I didn't, my weight gain/loss follows no rules.

Today is Tuesday and nothing spectacular happened. Kennady was grouchy (stupid ear infection). This post reads like it was written by a middle schooler. All it's missing is an entire paragraph about how cute my new crush is. I need fodder for my editorial content. Maybe I should leave the house- that's usually when the interesting stuff happens. Maybe I should only write when I have something to say, instead of when I have nothing else to do (ok, nothing else I want to do).

Yes, I'll post pictures soon and then you won't have to listen to so much chatter.

2 comments:

Rory said...

Actually, it's great to hear from you, in any form. Glad you had a good birthday!

Devon said...

Love your blog! More Pictures please! see you in December. Miss you much!!!!!