Well, I highly doubt there will be any blogging in the next week. We are headed to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with Ben's family. Right after we help my sister move on Saturday. She has a lot of stuff. And there's only two of them. That's one thing I like about moving so frequently- each time we move I get the opportunity to go through all of our junk and get rid of anything we didn't even know we had. I helped Kendra pack yesterday. The first 2 hours we spent at WalMart buying packing tape and then ToysRUs so Kennady could show Kendra want she wanted for Christmas. Apparently it's either a Mr. Potato Head or a Yo Gabba Gabba dancing singing doll. It's definitely not the remote control dinosaur (although I thought it was cool, it made Kennady cry). And it's absolutely not the Tickle Me Elmo (sigh of relief) she screamed, ran away and hid behind my legs. I did find the coolest thing ever at WalMart. A snack trap container, where she can get the snacks out with her hands, but if she shakes it, all the snacks stay in. Brilliant.
We did get 3/4 of the kitchen packed. It would have been more, but Kendra has more OCD habits than I do when it comes to packing. I did finally convince her that when you only move 3 miles, it really doesn't matter what gets packed in what box (as long as its from the same room in the house, of course). We had dinner at Wendy's, where Kennady decided she was the hungriest person in the world again. 4 chicken nuggets, a cup full of mandarin oranges, saltine crackers, lots of chili, and a half sippy cup of juice.
So sometime, probably Sunday evening, we are heading to Provo. Which I consider the worst drive in the world. It should only take 4 1/2 hours. It always takes closer to 6, at least one of those hours being stuck in stopped traffic, because Utahans don't know how to drive. (I really had to restrain myself from using the word Utahrds). *Disclaimer: not all people from Utah are bad drivers. And plenty of people from not Utah are terrible drivers. It's just that it shouldn't take 1 hour to travel one mile all because there's a new curve in the road or one less lane of traffic- or heaven forbid someone left their backhoe in the middle of the highway.
Ben will spend the majority of the week working on a giant man project (Rob and Kristi's house). He needs several hours of power tool use and breaking (err..fixing) things. I hope to spend the majority of the week cooking and eating. Yum Yum. That is what Thanksgiving is all about.
Ok, so that's not what Thanksgiving is all about. One of the things I am most thankful for this year is my happy and healthy family. We have been really blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy and spunky little girl. I love that she's not boring. And that she's cute. She has so much personality and is super smart (she knows what cows and fish say now). My husband is great. He's a hard worker and ambitious and only slightly grumbles when I ask him to take out the trash for the bazillionth time. I think I can count on my digits the number of times I have taken out the trash since we have been married. It's my least favorite chore. It's stinky. And he always cleans out the moldy leftovers from the fridge (I really don't do stinky well). Plus he's just fun and lets me eat as much ice-cream as I want. We live in this super comfortable apartment, where we don't really pay utilities (included in rent...which they are raising by $100 (not for us) in January to cover the cost of utilities). We'll just pretend that they did not send out an email yesterday telling everyone that Christmas lights are not allowed on the outside of apartments (even the railings and bushes). Christmas spirit killers. And somehow (lots of blessings) we've both been able to get through undergraduate without accumulating any debt. I know that won't stand through medical school, but it feels good to have made it this far. And I am thankful for my mom- cuz she taught me how to make cheesy mashed potatoes and the best chocolate chip cookies you ever did taste.
Yah, I know there aren't any pictures of Kennady in this post. We haven't taken any recently. I'll get some over the break. And I will put another video on FlipShare soon. It's really cute, so be prepared. It's Ben reading Kennady her favorite book Goodnight Gorilla, and she tells us about all of the animals. Just in case you didn't believe me that she says "giraffe."
1 comment:
I am so excited that you are coming
Post a Comment