Today I feel totally uninspired to post. Maybe it's because I don't have any pictures, and I know that most of you come just to see the pictures of our cute little monkey. Or maybe it's because I've been so productive in the last week that this seems super unproductive when there's a dishwasher to unload, laundry to do and an apartment full of baby toys to pick up. We are totally unpacked (although our organization is a little lacking). Kennady loves the space to crawl around and seems to get in a lot less trouble, which makes my life a lot easier. Yesterday the house was clean and everything I could think of (minus long-term projects) was done, and I took a nap. Of course the clean apartment exists no more (funny how that works), so I have something to do a little later today. Ben bravely took Kennady on campus to try to get a few things done before classes start. Yesterday I also finished one of my sewing projects- another tote, this one for my mom. It will be one of the things I take a picture of when I feel like finding the camera and charging the battery.
We are enjoying being back in Rexburg, so I suppose absence really does make the heart grow fonder. Or maybe it's just that it's not frigid outside. We are happy to see our friends and for Kennady to have playmates. Ben is excited to get on with school and finish up his Bachelors. I am happy to not have to pull Kennady off of cats every 3 minutes. Right after Mom Ellis left, Kennady took her first steps. What a little stinker. I give her a few weeks and she'll be walking pretty well I think. We went to our new ward on Sunday and I think we will like it. Right now we meet on campus in a lecture hall, which makes it very hard to pay attention. There are a hundred kids, most of whom are noisy, and it's nearly impossible to take them out unless you are one of the lucky people who get to sit on the end of a row. And then even when you do take them out, there is no where to take them, except into the hallway that echoes like crazy. I think everyone will like it when they finish the new building in February. Kennady doesn't like church without Grandma and Grandpa Ellis and was a monkey the whole time. Ben took her out and then was changing her diaper. Well, she was pretty mad at him for taking her away from me and trying to make her hold still, so she peed all over and laughed at him. So we had a naked baby, until someone lent us a boys' onesie that was a size too small.
We've had a lot of family here this last week. First my mom was here for a week. Then we got to see Kendra and Nathan a lot. Then Ben's family came for a day. Kennady really enjoyed her new grandparents and lots of aunts and uncles. She loved the attention. She is cutting her two top teeth and has been grouchy and full of snot (seriously...gross), so she wasn't her normal happy self. Then my Aunt Trudie and cousin Monica stopped by and we fed them dinner and gave them a tour of campus. And now it is just the three of us. And Kennady says she doesn't get enough attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment