Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Checking Things Off


Yesterday was another very productive day. It's amazing the things I can get accomplished when I don't have to worry about what Kennady is getting into. Ok, so I do still have to worry a little, but we are pretty well baby-proofed. I cleaned the kitchen. I went to Walgreens twice, the grocery store, Porter's (a craft store) and the post office. Got Kennady to take a second nap (although only 15 minutes). Made some adorable little animals (graphics) for Kennady's birthday party decor. Made banana bread (turned out pretty spectacular, especially for a first try, thanks for the recipe Mom). Cleaned the kitchen again (this is how everyday goes with an 11 month old who likes to throw food). Sewed a bib. Now if only I could figure out how to work in a little more sleep. Well, actually Kennady slept in today, so I am well rested. Funny how it doesn't feel like it.

So far today I have cleaned the living room and vacuumed. Not too shabby. I also figured out that the digital lion I made yesterday is missing ears, and that's why he looks so funny. And the bib, while cute, will not work for what I was wanting. I am planning to make a monkey bib for Kennady's first birthday party. I realized though that I should have sewed on the monkey before sewing the front of the bib to the back of the bib. I will not take it apart and start over. I will just make another one. I know too many people having babies.

Perhaps no one enjoys reading my post to-do list. Hmm, well, I shall post again another day about something else.

2 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

cute graphics! But I do agree the lion needs ears.

kaleen said...

You are so talented and organized. To me anway! I wish I could use my time that well :D