Oh yeah, I had a purpose in mind when I started this post. Awhile back I mentioned something about our 5 year anniversary. It's true, folks, we've been married for 5 years. I can hardly believe it. Especially in this great age of divorce. Seriously, all those people from my past that I occasionally Facebook stalk, well I'd say 75% of them are divorced, after less than 10 years of marriage. I don't really understand. First, I have no idea what happened to any of them, because I don't really talk to them, I just occasionally stalk them on Facebook. And suddenly, instead of a cute picture of them with their spouse, it's a cute picture of them with someone else. And I'm super confused. That's ok, because divorce is something that's super personal, and not really meant to be spread all over Facebook like your latest crush. But it gives me the heebie jeebies.
I guess because, after 5 years of marriage, I can't imagine my life without Ben. I love him way more than I did when we first got married, which is saying something, because I was pretty head-over-heels then. He's my best friend. We can have fun pretty much no matter what we are doing (um, some things are never fun, like cleaning up vomit). Like last night we had a hot date fixing our dryer (ugh, there is a story I'll get too later).
I can't say that marriage is everything I thought it would be. It's way harder. It kinda sucks to be a responsible adult, especially once you have children. How are there possibly so many more bills to pay? And I'd really rather enjoy a night on the town than sitting at home disassembling a dryer in my livingroom. I'd also prefer to do everything I want to do when I want to do it, without thinking about someone else and what they want. I'd also like to never be wrong. But, that's marriage. Doing things you don't really want to do, and realizing it's no as bad as you thought, and, in fact, you rather enjoy some of it. You also get to do some things you love doing, with the person you love most. Even though they may not be particularly thrilled to help you pick out a new dress at the mall. The best thing is that no matter what goes on, you have someone there supporting and encouraging you, trying their best to make you happy, siding with you (well, at least when there's a third party involved), and laughing with you (and only occasionally at you).
Or maybe that's just us.
![]() |
| P.S. I still love that we wore T-shirts and jeans to our reception. Especially since we told everyone else no jeans. |

1 comment:
Yay congratulations!!!
Post a Comment