Fall, that is. It's my favorite time of the year. Some days are still far too hot to be considered fall, but I'll try not to complain about that, since I'd much prefer that over early snow. It snowed in Alaska today. Which means it will probably snow in Idaho in a couple of weeks :) We're happy to have moved a little further south.
We've started taking walks around the neighborhood in the evenings a little before the kids' bedtime. The weather is so nice then. We really enjoy it. Yesterday Kennady saw a peach tree ripe with peaches, and asked the neighbor if she could have a peach. We came home with about 10 peaches. So we had peaches and ice cream for bedtime snack. Our particular subdivision cracks us up. I guess we're pretty used to being poor college students, so the style of living around here is humorous to us. One guy a few houses down has a really nice Ferrari, that he literally drives around the block every night. Other neighbors go for nightly cruises on their his and her Harleys. Another has an RV garage built into their house. Ben helped them put away their boat the other night. Our Indian neighbors have crazy baby showers with no less than 50 people.
I love fall. I can't wait until our apartment is not hot (we only have a window A/C unit in our kitchen), for the leaves to turn, to carve pumpkins, wear sweaters, have an awesome birthday party for Kennady, play in the leaves, dress up and go trick-or-treating, eat pumpkin pie, have Thanksgiving, eventually enjoy the first snow, celebrate my birthday (27!), sip hot apple cider, and make my house smell like fall.
I did go to book club. I did not finish Anna Karenina. I still have 250 pages left. That didn't keep me from joining in on the discussion, and I was not the only one who didn't finish the book. In fact, one gal merely printed off quotes from the book and used those as her entire commentary on the book. It was strange. But pretty much everyone else seemed normal.
Much to Ben's dismay, I went yard saleing again this weekend. Mindy, Adam and Ella came over Saturday to help us with the fence. So Mindy and I went to yard sales. I got lots of books for cheap, some silicone baking pans, a stuffed animal giraffe rocking chair, a Shabby Apple dress, a snow suit for Korban, and little cowboy boots for Korban.
Last Friday was also a great day. Well, at least it turned out that way. The night before Korban screamed all night. I was worried about an ear infection (Kennady's ear ordeal has made me a little paranoid). So we took Korban up to the clinic. No ear infection. Later that day we noticed another tooth coming in. I guess better safe than sorry. But because of having to go up to the clinic, I had the car for the day. So I went and picked up Ella and she spent the day at our house. She and Kennady played all day without fighting, and Korban took an extremely long nap. I got the kitchen floor mopped. It was a miracle.
Ok, that's pretty much it. Sorry for the boringness, but sometimes I appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment