GRRRRRRRR..... today was supposed to be a lovely Saturday where Ben spends all day putting up a fence, instead of enjoying one of the last beautiful weekends before the weather turns less than pleasant. Well, instead, he's driving all over the salt lake valley trying to put out fires. Not literally. So, our dryer part arrived in the mail yesterday (2 days early!), so I put it in last night, and did a load of laundry. We went to bed before it was finished, and to our surprise this morning the clothes were actually dry. Then I declared today laundry day and started my first load. I put it in the dryer, and, well, it wouldn't start and immediately smelled like burning machinery. Blast. It's the motor. It has to be the motor, because everything else works. As you can imagine, we won't be putting a new motor into a 15 year old dryer.
Now we have 2 problems. We have to buy a new dryer, and we have to get rid of an old dryer. We all know how much I *love* buying dryers off of KSL. Funny thing is, as soon as I started looking, I immediately picked up on an ad from the same people who scammed us last time. They even answered their phone when we called this time, I guess they've unblocked us. They are still running the same scam. We're tempted to have them deliver us another dryer and see if we can't talk them into giving us our money back from last time. I'm also tempted to not buy another dryer and just start hanging our clothes out back on a line, and see how long it takes before our landlord gets enough complaints that he buys a new dryer for the apartment, since we're on the entrance corner lot to our subdivision. Plus I'll disassemble the old dryer and leave it in the yard. And then set it on fire. And today I'm just perturbed enough that I might do all of it.
As you can tell, I'm having a bad day. I need a day off. And clean clothes to wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment