Friday, September 21, 2012
The Curse of the Dryer
Oh, you thought the story was over? Well, so did I. But it appears that dryers hate me and intend to ruin my life (ok, perhaps that's a little melodramatic, but after all this ridiculousness I feel justified in my melodramaticness). So you know that new (well, used, but new to us) dryer we just bought? When we bought it it had ink pen stains all over it. The lady told me that over the phone before we even got there, they were old she said and didn't come off on anything. I don't really care if my dryer has some purple stains on the inside, even if it does have some fancy light that actually allows you to see the stains. So we bought the dryer anyways. Don't worry, it wasn't a scam, those pen marks really don't come off on anything. But, today, when I took all the clothes out of the dryer, I was pretty convinced that they did, because there were purple spots all over the clothes, and it was definitely ink. And then I found the exploded ink pen in the bottom of the dryer. The only thing I'm not sure about is where that pen came from. I personally believe that the dryer was holding on to it, and just waited for us to come along and then spat it out, all over our clothes. We did get lucky in the fact that most of that load was pajamas and other nonessentials. But both of my favorite pairs of shorts were in there (I guess they are in the nonessentials load because it's fall??) So I guess I'll have to find new favorite shorts for next summer. Unless anyone knows how to get heat set pen out of clothes? Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hair spray. It worked 2 out of the 3 times that I have. Dried a pen.
Post a Comment