The condensed version. Or, the, um, version I can remember.
Korban has started sleeping better. FINALLY. So I might actually turn back into a human sometime in the near future. I've also resumed cooking. I think Ben is happy about that. And we make it outside to play nearly every day, since Korban can now go at least 2 hours without eating (during the day....in the late evenings he likes to eat every 45 minutes). So Kennady is getting happier too.
Korban is a smiley, happy baby. Except when he's hungry, tired, needs to poop, or needs a diaper change. So, yes, there's still room for improvement, but we do go several hours without any screaming (from Korban at least....Kennady, well that's a different story). Kennady is back on the potty trained track, and so I only have a do one load a day, or sometimes every other day.
Korban is wearing 6-9 month clothes, and outgrowing some of them. Today he was in a 12 month onesie, it was a little big, but not much. He's in size 2 diapers, and I'm a little afraid to buy a giant box. A neighbor gave us a big bag of clothes, which is the only reason our kid's not naked (uh, we're not that poor, I just don't know when I would get to the store to buy him any). See I bought lots of 6-12 month clothes before he was born...but they are all winter clothes. Hopefully some of them will still fit when it's no longer 90 degrees. Mostly I just hope his Halloween outfit will fit, or he's going to mess up all of my plans.
Oo, and another neighbor gave us a new stroller today. A double stroller, a Joovy Caboose, which is pretty much the exact one that I have been wanting. It will hold a carseat or has one normal seat, with a jumpseat on the back for Kennady. So we might start going for walks. And it's red. Score. Oh, and free, that was the best part. Living in an apartment complex has it's perks.
Another plus of the apartments, always having Kennady's friends so close by. She has 3 little friends her age, and gets so excited when she hears them outside. Today we went out and they played with sidewalk chalk and jumped in the puddle. The mom of the two that were out today has a baby a month younger than Korban, so we really appreciate that when the 3 of them are together they play by themselves. Today they painted their faces with sidewalk chalk and one went swimming in the puddle. But they are awfully cute, the three little blonds running around with blue faces.
Ben, uh, he works. We try to go do fun things on the weekend. Sometimes we fail. Last weekend, Ben gave me a break and I went to the big family history library downtown. Oh, the quietness. It wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, because I got stuck with a nice old lady who moved at the pace of a snail and I don't think she could hear me, because I kept trying to explain that I knew how to use the computer and had really gotten as far as I could on the internet. All I wanted to do was find the microfilms. So I had fun. I don't know about Ben. This weekend we are headed up to Idaho to visit Kendra, Nathan and Eisley. As long as no one gets sick again.
We are enjoying our new car. It's finally registered and has plates...well they need to be put on the car, and for that we need screws, because I guess the guy we bought it from took all of them. Mostly the a/c is fantastic. Also, we can go up big hills and get on the interstate without people angrily passing us. The one thing we hate: we can't see the display on the clock/radio/CDplayer when it's light outside. Bummer.
Oh, and Ben is filling out secondaries for med school as we speak. We applied (I saw we, I guess technically he applied) to only a few schools this year, as we've gotten smarter, or at least more experienced. If we have to apply next year we are going to be experts. Or, um, maybe not. University of Utah, University of Missouri Columbia, St Louis University, Ohio State, University of Washington and Creighton. UW said no because he's not an Idaho resident this year (which is considered in state). Best bet is probably Utah, since we are residents now. My favorite is Mizzou, which automatically makes it Ben's favorite. Actually, my real favorite is one in Belize, but Ben's not excited about it. Only because he knows he'll never get to bask in the glory of those beaches. Once he's finished with the MD applications, I think he's going to start working on DO applications. Anyone have a favorite (or better yet connections) DO school? Mom Nelson says Western's new local in Oregon.
Uhm, my brain just totally shut off. Time to hit the hay. Oh, and sorry, I can't find my camera, Kennady was playing with it. Speaking of, I was thinking I wanted to get Kennady her own for her birthday, a fun kid one. And then I looked at them online. $40 for a "kid proof" and 2 megapixels. Boo. Is there such a thing as "kid proof?" I think not. So I think I'll just give her my old $400 camera that I couldn't sell for $40 now, which has 4 megapixels. She can be a professional. And if she breaks it? Well, then I guess I'll be out that $40 that I never would have made selling it.
No comments:
Post a Comment