Thursday, August 4, 2011

Big Boy

Today was Korban's 2 month check up and shots. He's a big boy. 13 lbs 8 oz and 24 inches tall. That's the 85th percentile for both height and weight. Funny how different kids can be - Kennady's pretty much never gotten out of the 25th percentile for weight (usually she's around 15th) and 50th for height. In fact, in a few short months, he'll outweigh his sister when he's in his car seat.

Also, I very much dislike our pediatrician's office. The PA we saw today (who was the only one we could get into see on such short notice--when I made the appointment 2 weeks ago) was, um, a moron. He was rather appalled that my child was not taking Vitamin D supplements. I'd never heard of such thing. He said the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it for all breastfeeding babies, and while he doesn't totally agree, he was obligated to recommend the same. Uh, no thanks, I'll take a Dr with a brain, I can read what the AAP recommends all by myself. So, again, I shall search for a new pediatrician.

No comments: